Buildings & Plant Project Manager
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Building Products Divisional Support
- Job Reference:BPS/31583
- Closing Date:09 Jun 2023
Fletcher Wood Products (FWP) is a newly established business within the Building Products division of Fletcher Building. The business represents our re-entry into the wood sector which is supported by strong macro trends and contributes to NZ’s goal of a low-carbon circular economy.
FWP encompasses sawmilling assets in Waipapa which produces a range of sawn timber products, including industrial and structural grades, a renewable fuels business and is delivering a new wood panel production plant in Taupo. The new plant will utilise innovative technology to produce cost competitive, high-quality products that have diverse applications in furniture, joinery and the broader construction sector.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced Buildings & Plant Project Manager to help deliver this new manufacturing site in Taupo on a fixed term basis until June 2025. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing both the civil engineering and building related works. You will work closely with architects, engineers, contractors, and other stakeholders to ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget, and to the required quality standards.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Provide leadership, direction, planning, control and management of the assigned works packages at the Taupo project
- Develop project plans and schedules, and monitor progress against these plans
- Liaise with architects, engineers, contractors, and other stakeholders to ensure that project requirements are understood and delivered
- Drive a culture of care and lead by example across all Health & Safety related matters
- Prepare and manage project budgets, including tracking project costs and managing project financials
- Identify and manage project risks and issues, and develop strategies to mitigate these risks
- Manage project resources, including personnel, equipment, and materials
- Ensure that projects are completed to the required quality standards and comply with relevant building codes and regulations
- Prepare regular project status reports for senior management
We are keen to speak to people with the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering, construction management, or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in project management, with a focus on civil engineering and building projects
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to manage multiple work streams simultaneously
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain effective relationships with a range of stakeholders
- Strong financial management skills, with the ability to manage project budgets and track project costs
- Knowledge of building codes and regulations, and experience in ensuring compliance with these regulations
- Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify and mitigate project risks and issues
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and manage project resources effectively
An excellent salary and incentive package is on offer for the duration of the project and as part of the Fletcher Building Group, you will have access to a wide range of employee benefits.
Sound like you? Apply now via the link below or email email@example.com for further information.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.