- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Firth Industries
- Job Reference:
- Closing Date:02 Jun 2023
The concrete division of Fletcher Building is on an exciting journey towards environmental sustainability. Developing the skills and abilities of our people at all levels is integral to that plan.
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you?
- A great team culture where we enjoy celebrating our successes and supporting each other.
- Access to training, development, and career progression.
- Employee Education Fund – Staff & Dependants.
- Access to Fletcher Building Benefits programme including, parental leave, share scheme and staff discounts.
Ko tā mātou mahi | Our Role
- Monday to Friday occasional half day Saturday (Overtime allowances applies)
- Dunedin Location
- On the job training provided
To produce concrete that meets all regulatory, customer, and Firth standards and requirements in a timely fashion in order to meet loading schedules and provide excellent customer service. To maintain a clean and orderly yard and to dispense raw materials, and associated products as required in order to meet safety and environmental standards and meet dispatch schedules. This role requires someone who sets high standards, has enthusiasm and drive coupled with high professionalism, standards and discipline, and level of interpersonal skills to work within a diverse team and make the ‘tough’ calls when required.
Ngā Pūmanawatanga Ōu | What You Will Bring
- Good numeric and literacy skills
- A full Class 1 licence
- An ability to be accurate and show attention to detail
- Time management skills
- Excellent Communication skill
To be successful in this role the individual must be able to stay calm in sometimes stressful and time-critical circumstances.
About our Company
Firth has been supplying concrete and masonry products to the construction industry for over 90 years. Our strong customer relationships and passion for innovation make Firth New Zealand’s leading concrete supplier. Comprising of three businesses, Certified Concrete, Masonry and Dricon, our products are sold either directly or via our channel partners who operate in the infrastructural, commercial and residential construction markets. Firth operates in every region across New Zealand and employs over 750 team members, across 80 sites.
Click "APPLY" now
Research shows that females and minority groups don’t apply for roles unless they match 100% the job description.
We are proud of your diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger. We welcome your individuality and encourage you to bring your true self to work, so if this role is of interest but you feel you don’t fit it, we would still love you to apply.