Assistant Batcher/Yardperson - Concrete
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Firth Industries
- Job Reference:
- Closing Date:20 Dec 2023
Are you looking for a Challenge? Have We Got One for You! We have a role that has become available to join our Team in Dunedin.
Ko tā mātou mahi | Our Role
- You will be responsible for the timely and accurate despatching of our concrete, quality control of materials, inventory control and, working with our service providers, plant, and vehicle maintenance.
- Day-to-day operational challenges
- Delivery of exceptional customer service
- Produce quality concrete as per Firth and NZ standards
- Managing our yard
- Ensure stock levels are maintained to meet the demand for our product
- Work with our drivers to ensure trucks are maintained and kept up to our high standards of presentation.
- Each day is never the same so if you are a whizz at multitasking, you will love this role
Ngā Pūmanawatanga Ōu | What You Will Bring
- Full licence
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong leadership
- Organisational skills
- Detail oriented
- Calm under pressure
- Sense of humour
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you?
Staff discounts – PlaceMakers/Mico/Southern Cross and many more
- Employee Education Fund – Staff & Dependents
- Parental Leave Policy that will make it easier to our employees to become parents while working at Firth
- Opportunity to complete formal qualifications in Concrete Production
Click on “Apply” if this sounds like you.
Research shows that females and minority groups don’t apply for roles unless they match 100% the job description.
We are proud of your diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger. We welcome your individuality and encourage you to bring your true self to work, so if this role is of interest but you feel you don’t fit it, we would still love you to apply.