- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Humes Pipeline Systems
- Job Reference:HUMES/31936
- Closing Date:30 May 2023
Humes is a leading pipeline systems supplier to New Zealand's infrastructure and rural market.
Our Papakura production facility is looking for an experience maintenance fitter to join the team!
The team operate Monday to Friday between 0600am to 1800pm with some overtime on Saturdays as part of the maintenance plan.
Hourly rate between $36 - $40 per hour dependent on Exp
What’s in it for you:
- Investment in personal development and training
- Career development and progression opportunities
- Employee discount offers at Placemakers/Mico/Samsung to name a few.
- Market leading Parental leave for Mums & Dads
While maintenance team is small, they are the oil in the machine to keep the plant running in top form by ensuring the facility can produce high quality concrete product to specification.
- Maintain a planned preventative maintenance and servicing programme for all items of the production plan (including moulds)
- Fault finding and providing remedies.
- Repair of production machinery parts, replacement of production machinery parts to minimise outage and down time.
- Maintenance of all machinery
- Stock control of all relevant consumables
- Support planning and implementation of various maintenance projects
- General maintenance of unused machines
- In consultation with Production staff, identify equipment and areas requiring attention.
- Relevant tertiary qualification: Trade in Mechanical Engineering, Maintenance
- 3 years' experience in complex manufacturing environments
- Maintenance Systems
- Drawings interpretation
- Hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Basic equipment and machinery (i.e., pumps, etc.)
- Welding techniques
- Health & Safety standards
Humes have about 260 people, working in 14 sales sites and 5 manufacturing sites around New Zealand and are part of the Fletcher Building group of companies supporting Infrastructure and construction across New Zealand.