Assistant Construction Manager
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Residential
- Job Reference:FRL/31940
- Closing Date:08 Jun 2023
If we could have it our way, people would talk a little less about housing and a lot more about living. That's because we believe the Kiwi dream is bigger than a quarter acre. It’s about living the life you want. So, we create neighbourhoods designed to nurture living in all its beauty, richness and variety.
Creating spaces for Kiwi families to live in takes new ways of thinking. It means looking at the bigger picture and towards the future. It requires a really open-minded group of innovative people, from all walks of life, coming together in an environment that inspires them.
We are on the lookout for an ambitious Assistant Construction Manager or Senior Project Manager or assist the current Construction Manager with leading the Fletcher Living South Branch team based in Manukau. You will be working with a committed team of Site Managers and Project Managers to deliver a carefully programmed schedule of works. You will oversee multiple new-build residential projects comprising of varied and complex builds that will be a mixture of stand-alone, medium-density terraces, two-stories and even some low-level apartments.
Your responsibilities as an Assistant Construction Manager will be to:
- Assist the Construction Manager in the overall planning, management, control, and co-ordination of our on-site construction resources and processes across multiple projects
- Manage the Customer Care function (post-settlement) though direct line management of our in-house Customer Care Manager, and ensure learnings are fed back to the wider team to improve quality of product and service moving forward
- Work closely with the Project Managers to ensure that agreed schedules are being met, build times are tracked accurately, and projects are 100% finished for settlement as per the agreed schedule
- Ensure the team are using the appropriate software (P6 & Procore) accurately and consistently and are following the Fletcher Living standard procedures (Site Manager’s Playbooks)
- Actively demonstrate safe work processes, and behaviours and ensure these are followed by all employees and contractors in their place of work
To be a successful in this position you must have:
- Proven experience as a Project Manager in Residential Construction in New Zealand
- The ability to accurately forecast project timelines for at least 50 jobs (ideally 100+ jobs) at any one time, and ensure schedules are strictly followed
- Excellent organisational skills for efficient planning of sub-contractor resources to minimise delays to build times, and foresight to secure additional resource ahead of time where required
- Demonstrated leadership ability and top class communication skills in order to lead and coach the in-house team and build solid relationships with subcontractors
- Sound knowledge of the NZ building code, MBIE guidelines and general residential construction methodologies
- Project Management or other Construction-related qualification preferred
We are building all over South Auckland including in Takinini, Drury and Karaka, and have many more projects in the pipeline so we will have plenty of work on your doorstep. Along with a competitive salary, company vehicle, and rewarding incentive scheme, this role will see you working with a high-performing team with a clear vision and goals. You’ll also enjoy the security, benefits, and recognition that come with working for a well-respected business unit within the Fletcher Building Group.
Applications should be made by submitting a CV and cover letter outlining your interest, motivation, and what you would bring to this role by way of background, experience, and fit for the role and our team. Please apply online or contact Olivia Finn on 0272509566 for a confidential discussion.
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.