- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:
- Closing Date:02 Jun 2023
We have an opportunity for a Network Inspector to join the team in Christchurch. Reporting to the Maintenance QS Planner, you will be responsible for planning and delivering network inspections as part of our Maintenance Division.
Come join the Green Team:
• Competitive hourly rate + Vehicle + guaranteed 40 hours per week
• Join a supportive team that treat each other like Whānau
• Ongoing training and development to help you reach your career goals
• Career development – opportunities to grow your career at Higgins and the wider Fletcher Building group of businesses
• Access to Fletchers Building Benefits Programme, including:
• A brand-new market-leading parental leave policy to ensure employees are well supported throughout one of life’s most significant events.
• FB employee share scheme, educational and welfare funds
• A significant portfolio of retail benefits across major NZ businesses such as ANZ, Z energy ,PlaceMakers, Mico and Samsung.
• Brand new PPE gear (that’s your own personal protective equipment)
About the role
• Carrying out network inspections in accordance with the network inspection programme
• Identifying defects and issues resulting from inspections and logging them into RAMM
• Inspections of assets to help ensure OPM compliance
• Responding to customer requests (CRM’s)
• Managing and maintaining strong client relationships
• Some night work may be required for auditing purposes, this will be organised in advance
• This role involves being part of an on call roster – on call allowance provided
What you will bring to the role:
• Prior experience in the industry– minimum of 5 years experience, preferably in Maintenance
• An understanding of the technical, contractual and financial requirements involved in maintenance contracts
• Practical experience using RAMM is essential (or overseas equivalent)
• Full clean Class 1 New Zealand Driver’s License or overseas equivalent
• You will also need an eye for detail, a methodological and organised approach and a commitment to quality of service.
• A strong focus on Clients and relationships
• Strong focus on health and safety not just your own but your colleagues and the public
• Self-motivated with a positive attitude and the ability to think for yourself
This is a full time, permanent role working a minimum of 40 hours to a maximum of 70 hours per week. Competitive hourly rate on offer between $27-$33 an hour dependent on experience.
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, competitive hourly rate, subsidised medical insurance and subsidised education and training for you and your dependants.
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check – you’ll need to be fit for work!
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga.
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.