Operations Manager - Auckland
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Steel
- Job Reference:
- Closing Date:09 Jun 2023
Dimond Roofing is a leading supplier to the NZ construction industry providing a range of long run roofing, cladding, purlins, architectural tray, and solar roofing solutions. With 12 sites nationally and 190+ employees, Dimond Roofing operates as its own brand under the Fletcher Steel banner and achieved record safety metrics, employee engagement and revenue of $100m+ in FY22. Recent and ongoing investment in new plant and sites and a digital transformation program provide significant opportunities for long term, sustained success.
We are seeking a highly motivated Operations Manager with a strong focus on continuous improvement and customer service to join our team in Auckland. The Operations Manager Auckland will be responsible for managing the production process at our largest site to ensure that our products are manufactured efficiently, on-time, and to the highest quality standards.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Develop and implement strategies for improving production processes and optimising performance to our customers
- Lead and manage a team of production staff, ensuring that they are trained, motivated, and engaged in continuous improvement efforts to service our customers
- Ensure that all production schedules are met, and products are produced to the highest quality standards
- Project scoping, business case development, implementation and project delivery
- Identify areas of inefficiency or waste in the production process and implement solutions to address these issues
- Develop and implement a culture of continuous improvement and customer focus throughout the production team
- Work collaboratively with other departments, including sales, customer service, supply chain and maintenance to ensure that production meets customer requirements in this made to order environment
- Ensure that all health and safety standards are met within the production environment
We are looking for the following skills and experience
- Proven experience as an Operations/Production Manager in a steel manufacturing environment with a solid understanding of plant and equipment capabilities
- Proven experience in a made to order environment where customer service is paramount
- Qualifications in Engineering, Operations, Planning or Leadership
- Strong knowledge of continuous improvement methodologies, such as Lean Six Sigma
- Excellent leadership skills, with the ability to motivate and engage a team
- Change management and project leadership experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with other departments and stakeholders
If you are a recognised manufacturing leader and have an outstanding track record of delivering business success, this role will provide you with the opportunity to perform at the highest level and will provide growth opportunities for career advancement. An excellent salary pkg is on offer. Apply now or email email@example.com for further information.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.