Laminex Australia Lubrication Technician - Gympie Based
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Laminex AU
- Job Reference:LAM/32031
- Closing Date:04 Jun 2023
About Laminex Australia:
We’ve been a part of the iconic Australian design landscape for over 85 years. Only a few short years after Australian’s fell in love with Vegemite, families were spreading their toast in kitchens and on tables made by us. We’ve come a long way.
Today, you’ll see Laminex on surfaces everywhere you look - be it hospitals, shopping centres, restaurants or your home. We manufacture and procure a broad range of products for commercial and residential use such as laminate, engineered stone and veneers so that all Australians can live in beautiful, practical spaces.
About the Role:
We currently have a vacancy for a Lubrication Technician based across both of our Gympie sites (Monkland and Toolara). The Lubrication Technician position is responsible for equipment lubrication, contamination control, inspection and proactive maintenance activities for all lubricated mechanical systems.
In this role your responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Perform daily, weekly, and monthly lubrication routes and tasks sites wide
- Perform schedule and unscheduled maintenance activities to optimize work efficiency
- Coordination of inventory and routine ordering of products.
- Update scheduling systems, including adding notes to system and requesting work orders for maintenance repairs and activities.
- Perform field level oil analysis, including (e.g.) Crackle, Viscosity and Blotter Test, as required.
- Perform basic evaluation of oil analysis results and recommend current and future maintenance actions.
- Report in writing any discrepancies or conditions that require corrective, predictive or planned maintenance for production systems.
This role is a somewhat autonomous role based on 2 sites, so at the very core you need to be a self-starter and very pragmatic in how you operate for you to succeed in this position. Strong ambition to further develop your career in predictive maintenance
The Lubrication Technician position requires the following knowledge based skill:
- Must have at least 3 years of experience in a manufacturing/industrial/production environment.
- Capability to read and interpret technical documents, such as: OEM Maintenance plans, Blue prints, Advanced Lubrication Technology instruction and recommendations, Software system instructions.
- Understanding of fundamental lubrication concepts as defined in the ICML MLT Level I Body of Knowledge
- Hold ICML MLT Level I Certification or obtain certification within 90 days of hire.
- Certified to operate lifting equipment (Fork Truck, Skip Hoist, Etc.)
- Must be willing and able to perform physically demanding tasks repetitively for extended periods of time (i.e., lifting, pushing/pilling, gripping, reaching, sitting, walking, standing, bending, climbing ladders or stairs)
As a member of our tight knit Gympie community you will be a team player who is ready to accept the challenges of a position like this. In turn you will be supported by a magnificent senior leadership team with the backing of our excellent brand. All while situated in a beautiful regional part of the world that is only a stones throw away from gorgeous beaches, campsites and nestled within a true family focused town.
Are you ready to start your next chapter at one of Australia’s Top-10 “Best Places to Work”?
Apply now and then contact Lachlan from Laminex for a confidential discussion on 0456 918 772