Learning & Organisational Development Business Partner
- Job Type:Full time
- Category:Human Resources
- Business Group:Tradelink
- Job Reference:MANREQ-TL
- Closing Date:31 May 2023
Tradelink’s L&OD Team is seeking a skilled partner to help us cultivate talent, develop great leaders, and deliver impactful learning experiences that engage and motivate people.
Our Support Office is located in Brisbane, Queensland but we are open to meeting people from any location and can offer a hybrid or WFH arrangement.
Why this Role
- We know that L&OD folks love what they do, and in this role, you’ll get to do it all:
- Build on and deliver our award-winning learning framework using globally recognized methods and tools to create impactful learning solutions that drive capability at Tradelink
- Partner and support a diverse range of projects that will have a real impact on our business, including digitisation, continuous improvement, safety culture, and more.
- Collaborate with down-to-earth, practical, and genuine stakeholders at all levels of the organization to help engage, develop, and retain our workforce
- Leverage data and insights to continuously improve L&OD programs, and demonstrate their impact on commercial and operational outcomes
- Partner with L&OD colleagues from our Fletcher Building parent and sibling companies to explore ideas that have real scale and build new ways forward together
At Tradelink there is also never a shortage of opportunities to build your knowledge, skills, or career, and this role will give you great exposure. Another drawcard is our team – you couldn’t find a more authentic, positive, and fun-loving bunch.
We truly embrace diversity of thought and experience, and love learning from each other. No matter who you are, you’ll fit right in! Finally, we don’t like to flounder without a goal. We have a long-term vision that we co-created and believe in, and we love to try new things so your ideas will always be heard.
At the same time, it’s true that not every role is for everybody. You will find this is a busy place that often requires you to pivot quickly and adapt to changing business needs, so you'll be working in a super-fast environment with competing demands on your time. You'll need to be comfortable working hands-on, be self-directed, and resourceful. We often need to do a lot with a little, so be prepared for trial and error, because you won’t always find easy answers. Finally, we’re a complex business with a lot of moving parts, so we don’t always have the opportunity to finesse and get things perfect.
So, what are we looking for? We are open to applicants from all walks of life and industries – We want someone to bring a new, dynamic, and creative lens to the way we do things.
What we do need is for you to:
- Be a creative, agile, and innovative thinker who can pivot when needed to deliver impactful solutions, and hustle when the time calls for it
- Be skilled in project management, confident to lead multiple initiatives and stakeholders simultaneously without losing sight of a high-quality outcome
- Have a true knack for understanding interpersonal communication, relationships, and real partnership, with the ability to build relationships with people from all walks of life
- Have a good understanding of adult learning principles, and experience designing and delivering in a variety of learning formats and with a variety of learning tools
- Embrace blended and digital-learning models that enable everyone to be their own best teacher
As a cherry-on-top, we’d be thrilled if you were someone who enjoys creating content and making things look beautiful!
Simple. We are about being Real People, Always.
We’re a well-respected Australian plumbing distribution brand built on real, hard-working people who understand true partnership; they help each other, our customers, and our Fletcher Building Group colleagues.
We offer some great benefits like our Employee Education Fund, Share Purchase Scheme, Paid Parental Leave, Flexible Working, Discounts and more.
We are accepting submissions via CV/Cover letter, and you can also get creative with a short recording via a link embedded in your CV or demonstration of your wicked learning development skills. Questions? Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org