Quarry Operator - Nightshift
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Winstone Aggregates
- Job Reference:WIN/32074
- Closing Date:08 Jun 2023
Looking for an excuse to avoid the night-time task of feeding and bathing the kids before bed – with this shift starting at 4:00pm we have you covered!
We are looking for a nightshift worker who is interested in working in a quarry environment in our fixed plant at Hunua.
Ideally, we would like you to be mechanically minded however it will come down to your ‘can-do’ attitude as you will be fully inducted and trained in the role. This role also provides you with the opportunity to develop yourself and move through to working on other machines in the quarry.
What we can offer you:
- Monday to Friday 4:00pm to 3:00am – occasional Saturday
- Weekly paid + extra hours allowance – Saturday paid at time/half
- Employee benefits – inhouse employee education and welfare fund programmes, fuel discounts and 26 weeks paid parental leave
- Career advancement opportunities – full training and development provided
- A fantastic inclusive and supportive team-focused environment
For the role you will need to have:
- A full New Zealand driver’s licence
- WTR advantage
- Decent level of fitness – there will be some heavy lifting
- Right to work in New Zealand
- Healthy and positive attitude towards your work and ensuring your teammates get home safely each shift.
This is Winstone Aggregates…the pioneers in the quarrying industry – we like to say we are moving the earth to bring our customers the future. This has been our way for 150 years, delivering the highest quality products to help construct Aotearoa’s buildings, roadings, bridges and structure.
Click ‘Apply’ today!
Research shows that females and minority groups don’t apply for roles unless they match 100% the job description.
We are proud of your diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger. We welcome your individuality and encourage you to bring your true self to work, so if this role is of interest but you feel you don’t fit it, we would still love you to apply.