EHS Coordinator (Christchurch, Fletcher Steel)
- Job Type:Full time
- Category:Environmental Health and Safety
- Business Group:Steel
- Job Reference:ESS/32169
- Closing Date:11 Jun 2023
Fletcher Steel is New Zealand’s leading importer, distributor and processor of steel representing Fletcher Building’s Easysteel, Fletcher Reinforcing, Fletcher Wire Products, Dimond Roofing, Dimond Structural, Pacific CoilCoaters and CSP Pacific brands. We are the strength at the heart of New Zealand’s buildings and infrastructure. Our people use their experience, skills and individuality to do amazing work.
We are currently seeking an experienced EHS Coordinator to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that our workplace is safe and healthy for all employees and visitors. This is a full-time position that requires a strong commitment to safety and a passion for promoting a positive safety culture. Based in Christchurch you will be tasked with supporting our South Island sites, therefore you must be flexible to travel on a regular basis. Our South Island sites include Christchurch, Dunedin, Invercargill and Nelson.
About the Role
- Enable business leaders and EHS Business Partners to focus on the delivery of frontline safety performance, by effectively managing governance systems and delivering compliance processes.
- Build frontline understanding of the importance and value of safety best practice. Manage all aspects of data and reporting, generating data driven insights to support business improvements and safety performance.
- Support with injury management and effective return to work processes
- Support the delivery of safety learning & development activity (including the management of core skills training) and key national safety initiatives.
You might be a safety practitioner looking to take your next step in your career or could be currently in the operations space looking to develop your safety journey – as long as you have a learning mind-set, relevant skills and attributes, and are committed to becoming a strong safety leader. Tertiary qualifications in Health and Safety are of an advantage, however not essential to be successful in the role.
You thrive on developing systems and structures that drive consistency and create stability and understand that sound data is the key to generating authentic insights and achieving the highest safety standards. You build strong relationships and engage with relevant stakeholders to facilitate the essential flow of information, care about people and are an advocate for safety.
Some flexibility to travel around the South Island is required as a number of our sites are in different locations.
What We Offer:
- A close knit, fun team environment
- Great benefits package, including: Investment in personal development and training
- Employee Education Fund (EEF) which supports individual studies and their families
- A variety of health, wellbeing, safety and family programs
If this sounds like you, or you would like to learn more about the role. Apply today!