Operations Team Leader - Kaiwharawhara
- Job Type:Full time
- Category:Customer Service
- Business Group:PlaceMakers
- Job Reference:32172
- Closing Date:13 Jun 2023
About the role:
You will be the 2IC and responsible for leading our awesome teams within the Yard & Drive Thru and Showroom areas. You will be making sure our staff is happy, safe, and well managed; looking after customer queries; interacting with our customers, suppliers, and building contractors; overseeing dispatch and logistics and, most importantly, being responsible for the health & safety of the site.
Daily you will be responsible for –
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with our Trade Customers.
- Offering a solution-focused way of thinking whilst offering product support and technical information.
- Team training, support, and development
- In-store advertising and promotions, including product/store presentation
- Visual merchandising and displays
- Product ordering
- Liaising with the Inventory team
Watch our video to see why our people like to work for us!
Your positive, hands-on attitude, fantastic organisation skills, and awesome work ethic is essential. You will be a great communicator, enjoy building a good rapport with both your team and our customers alike and be comfortable with flexibility, using your own initiative, and taking the lead.
Alongside this, you will also be able to demonstrate the following:
- Leadership Experience is a must, proven experience in leading/managing a team
- Retail or Showroom experience is a must – in the building industry would be ideal
- Excellent command of the English language, both verbal and written
- Have excellent attention to detail and organisational skills
- A team-focused attitude - we all pull together to ensure the success of the whole branch
About PlaceMakers and Our Benefits
PlaceMakers is New Zealand's leading and largest supplier of building materials to New Zealand’s residential and commercial construction markets. Part of New Zealand’s largest listed company, Fletcher Building, we employ more than 2,100 people in over 60 locations across the country and can source more than 100,000 product lines from concrete to paint and plasterboard.
We offer an Employee Education Fund (EEF), where funding can be obtained for employees and family members to study and/or extend their learning further.
This role is a permanent, 45-hours-per-week role, working Tuesday to Saturday.
How to Apply
Opportunities like this do not come along very often and these are limited. To express your genuine interest please submit your CV for review and one of our team will get back to you!
Please note: A pre-employment medical, including a drug test will be required as well as being fully eligible to work in NZ indefinitely.
We are proud of the incredible diversity of people who make up our business! As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees across our national network of branches throughout New Zealand.