- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:
- Closing Date:17 Jun 2023
We are currently looking for a leading hand with strong machine operating capability to join our construction division. This is a role where you can lead a crew and still be hands on! You will be 2IC to the Foreperson running a crew of up to 5.
Come join the Higgins team:
• Competitive hourly rate + Guaranteed 40 hours per week
• Ongoing training and development to develop your career – opportunity to develop into a Foreperson position
• Support to gain further licences if required (Class 2, 4, 5)
• Hard work is recognised - build a career and not just do a job
• Brand new PPE gear (that’s your own personal protective equipment)
• Access to Fletchers Building Benefits Programme, including:
• A brand-new market-leading parental leave policy to ensure employees are well supported throughout one of life’s most significant events.
• FB employee share scheme, educational and welfare funds
• A significant portfolio of retail benefits across major NZ businesses such as ANZ, Z energy, PlaceMakers, Mico and Samsung.
If you have relevant industry experience and are looking for a step up in your then we would be very interested to talk to you – there is support and training available to help you be successful in this position
• You will enjoy leading and motivating your crew or looking to take this step in your career
• Experience working on civil construction projects
• Digger Operating experience on civil construction projects
• Ideally Class 2 licence or willingness to obtain this
• A reasonable level of physical fitness, due to the physical nature of the position
• Self-motivation, a positive attitude and the ability to think for yourself
• Be a reliable, honest and flexible team-player
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, competitive hourly rate, subsidised medical insurance and subsidised education and training for you and your dependants.
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check – you’ll need to be fit for work!
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.