- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCH/32203
- Closing Date:20 Jun 2023
This is a great time to be joining the Higgins Green Team. We are excited by the opportunities and investment in the industry and need someone who is just as excited to get involved on the journey!
We are currently looking for a Quantity Surveyor to join our Waikato team based in Hamilton to work on the financial and commercial aspects of roading and civil infrastructure projects.
In this integral role, you’ll have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to our future success by being part of the bidding and tender preparation processes for major projects across the business and carry out full contract servicing of projects including monitoring and reporting on the financial position of projects.
- A minimum of 4 year’s post qualification industry experience in the civil engineering sector
- Knowledge of proprietary estimating and programming software programmes (Benchmark, Candy or similar)
- A formal qualification in Engineering, Quantity Surveying or similar
- High level of MS Excel and MS Project skills
- Experience with NZS 3910 & Construction Contract Act
- A team player with great communication skills both oral and written
- Strong organisational skills with attention to detail
- Commitment to the highest standards of health and safety
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude and goal oriented
What we offer:
- As a Higgins employee you will have access to Fletchers Benefits Programme which includes discounted health insurance, family scholarships, share scheme, discounted fuel and many more!
- A competitive salary package
- An opportunity to work in a dynamic and progressive organisation and unrivalled career development opportunities
Higgins are a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path building tomorrows New Zealand with people at the heart of what we do every day.
As part of the wider Fletcher Building Group, we offer an Employee Welfare Fund, Share Scheme and an Employee Education Fund to help you and your family reach educational aspirations. A career with Higgins can lead to opportunities for career development in the wider Fletcher Building business.
As an organisation we are passionate about the safety of our people and would expect you to be committed to a safety-first culture and be able to demonstrate this with your Team and join them on this journey.
Higgins Contractors is committed to providing a safe and drug free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass a drug and alcohol test prior to commencement of employment. Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.