Plant Manager Queenstown
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Firth Industries
- Job Reference:
- Closing Date:19 Jun 2023
The concrete division of Fletcher Building is on an exciting journey towards environmental sustainability. Developing the skills and abilities of our people at all levels is integral to that plan.
What's in it for you
- A great team culture where we enjoy celebrating our successes and supporting each other
- Access to training, development, and career progression
- Employee Education Fund – Staff & Dependants
- Access to Fletcher Building Benefits programme including, parental leave, share scheme and staff discounts
Supported by our Regional manager, you will use your experience and knowledge to help grow and support, not only the site but the wider company as well.
- To oversee day to day production activities
- Achieve the plants planned operational performance in consistent with the Certified Business & Sales & Operations Plans
- Comply with all Firth Health, Safety, Environmental and Injury Management policy and procedures.
- Ensure that the Certified team is customer (internal & external) focused and achieves excellence in all aspects of service. Ensure optimum production, quality, inventory and delivery performance to meet and, where possible, exceed customer expectations
- Work with the technical and laboratory teams to ensure that the plant will comply with company quality standards for mixes
- Monitor and apply production KPI’s to ensure continuous improvement of all operational activities
- Co-ordinate the mixing of concrete and loading of trucks in order to meet customer demand and ensure that orders are delivered on time
- Batching and Delivery accordingly to production plan
What You Will Bring
- Substantial industry experience and demonstrate the ability to manage and lead a diverse team, in such a way that all targets are met, and that the plant operates in an efficient, effective, and harmonious manner.
- High technical and professional standards, Comply with, legal, corporate, operational and technical developments.
- An understanding of how to analyse, interpret and apply standard business performance measures.
- Experience in maximising operational capability.
- Management and leadership expertise.
- Business and commercial acumen
About our Company
Firth has been supplying concrete and masonry products to the construction industry for over 90 years. Our strong customer relationships and passion for innovation make Firth New Zealand’s leading concrete supplier. Comprising of three businesses, Certified Concrete, Masonry and Dricon, our products are sold either directly or via our channel partners who operate in the infrastructural, commercial and residential construction markets. Firth operates in every region across New Zealand and employs over 750 team members, across 80 sites.
Click "APPLY" now
Research shows that females and minority groups don’t apply for roles unless they match 100% the job description. We are proud of your diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger. We welcome your individuality and encourage you to bring your true self to work, so if this role is of interest but you feel you don’t fit it, we would still love you to apply.