Category Manager - Plastics & Merchandise
- Job Type:Full time
- Category:Merchandising & Category Management
- Business Group:Humes Pipeline Systems
- Job Reference:HUM/32244
- Closing Date:12 Jun 2023
Humes is a leading pipeline systems supplier, connecting NZ communities since 1923. Our key customer segments are Civil infrastructure, Residential Subdivision, Drainlayer and Rural. We are extremely proud of our heritage and the platform it provides our people and business for growth.
We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Category Manager – Plastics & Merchandise to join the team and help drive growth across all our key markets.
While mainly based in our Penrose Support Office, (where we have free on-site parking) this role requires some national travel to meet customers, key suppliers and of course collaborate with the Humes teams based in our 17 Branches.
Ko tā mātou mahi - Our Role
The Category Manager will be responsible for all aspects of performance within the Plastics & Merchandise range. Key areas of focus are;
- Profitability & Pricing
- Product ranging (incl. sustainable inventory levels)
- Process disciplines
- Lifecycle management
- Supplier selection and management
- Innovation and new product launch
Nōu te rourou - What's in it for you?
- Competitive Remuneration Package
- Fletcher Building Staff discounts – PlaceMakers/Mico/Southern Cross
- Employee Education Fund – Financial Educational support for Staff & Dependents
- Market leading parental leave policy
- FB Campus with Free Parking & EV car charging
Ngā Pūmanawatanga Ōu - What You Will Bring?
- Minimum 3-5 years business experience or background in Category / Product Management, preferably in construction materials; distribution, manufacturing, industrial or similar sector
- Track record implementing category strategy and management frameworks, pricing structures and processes to create and execute opportunities across the category
- Demonstrated experience in developing customer-led insights into actionable marketing plans
- Strong Sales, Marketing and Technical acumen, with relevant skills in best practice disciplines
- Analytical thinking with strong project management disciplines
- Exceptional customer focus
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and communication skills (both written and verbal)