Yard Coordinator (Waipapa Pine)
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Building Products Divisional Support
- Job Reference:FWP/32250
- Closing Date:14 Jun 2023
Waipapa Pines, part of Fletcher Wood Products, is a leading forestry company that specializes in the production of high-quality timber products. Due to our successful continued expansion of operations in the North, we are seeking a dedicated and experienced Yard Coordinator to join our fabulous team. Based at our Whangarei site, the Yard Coordinator is tasked with the following:
- Coordinate and oversee all yard operations, including receiving, storing, and dispatching of timber products.
- Ensure efficient and accurate inventory management, conducting regular stock checks and reconciling any discrepancies.
- Coordinate with production, sales, and logistics teams to ensure timely fulfilment of customer orders.
- Supervise yard personnel, providing guidance and support to ensure compliance with safety and operational procedures.
- Implement and maintain a clean, organized, and safe working environment within the yard facility.
- Inspect incoming and outgoing shipments for quality control and adherence to specifications.
- Collaborate with purchasing and procurement teams to monitor and replenish yard supplies as needed.
- Assist in the development and implementation of yard-related policies and procedures.
- Proven experience working in a similar yard coordination or warehouse supervisory role.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills, with a keen attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities, with the capacity to work effectively with diverse teams.
- Proficiency in inventory management systems and basic computer skills.
- Knowledge of safety regulations and practices related to yard operations.
- Ability to operate forklifts and other relevant equipment safely and efficiently
What we offer:
- Great benefits package, including: Investment in personal development and training
- Employee Education Fund (EEF) which supports individual studies and their families
- A wide range of discounts on products and services from across the Fletcher Building Group
- A variety of health, wellbeing, safety and family programs
This is a rare opportunity to live and work in the beautiful Bay of Islands area and enjoy a great quality of lifestyle. The site is located in the heart of the Northland region. The position is full time, minimum 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, so your weekends are free! The successful candidate will be well rewarded with the kind of career pathways and vast array of incentives that only being part of the Fletcher Building Group can offer. Come and join our kiwi success story and apply online today!