HR Advisor - Napier
- Job Type:Full time
- Category:Human Resources
- Business Group:PlaceMakers
- Job Reference:PMK32282
- Closing Date:07 Jun 2023
Tumu Hawkes Bay is one of the largest building product suppliers on the East Coast of the North Island, including manufacturing our own Frames & Trusses. The business is ever expanding whilst still holding firm to our core values that have guided us to success thus far. Our well-respected company is committed to our clients. Their business success is as important as our own.
TUMU is also part of NZ Distribution which you may recognise as PlaceMakers & Mico which belong to the wider Fletcher Building Group, so the possibilities are endless.
This is a permanent role based at the Tumu Napier Store. Monday to Friday, 40 hours, with excellent WFH flexibility.
About the role:
We are currently recruiting an HR Advisor to join the team at Tumu on a full-time permanent basis. This is an opportunity to partner with our branch network across the Hawke’s Bay region.
Reporting to the Regional HR Business Partner, you will provide comprehensive, professional, and responsive HR support and solutions, covering a full range of HR activities to the Store Managers across the region, and ensure successful implementation of the HR strategy.
Daily you will be responsible for:
• Building leader capability through coaching and leveraging existing programs.
• Providing support on employment issues, and application of HR policies and procedures to develop management knowledge and skill and ensure compliance. Ensure advice provided is current, accurate, and in accordance with company policy and provided in an accurate and timely manner.
• Provide coaching/training for line managers in performance management and disciplinary procedures.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone in the region with great generalist HR experience to work in a larger organization and wider P&P Team!
Skills and Experience:
You will be a great communicator, enjoy building a good rapport with our leaders, and have solid influencing skills to engage with key stakeholders to add value.
• HR Coordination or Advisor experience is preferred.
• Proven experience in managing employee relations, developing relationships and maintaining personal credibility with stakeholders are key to this role.
• Comfortable with asking difficult questions, digging to get the full picture, and coaching our managers to make the right choices.
• The ability to manage projects and deliver key activity on time and be flexible by adapting to situations.
How to Apply:
Opportunities like this do not come along very often and these are limited. To express your genuine interest please submit your CV for review and one of our team will get back to you!
Please note: A pre-employment medical, including a drug test will be required as well as being fully eligible to work in NZ indefinitely.
We are proud of the incredible diversity of people who make up our business! As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees across our national network of branches throughout New Zealand.
Attached Document: HR Advisor 2023 (Hawkes Bay).docx