- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Winstone Aggregates
- Job Reference:WIN/32309
- Closing Date:21 Jun 2023
Whitehall Quarry is growing, and we are looking for a reliable Operator who is keen to learn and develop in the quarry industry.
Whether you have some experience or are super enthusiastic to start learning – the opportunity to start your career progression is here with us in our crushing plant.
As you build up confidence understanding the machines and how they operate, we will progress you through to driving the dump trucks, loaders and within time excavators.
What we can offer you:
- Guaranteed 40-hour week – Monday to Friday with occasional Saturday morning
- Time and a half after 45 hours and Saturday – average 55 hours per week
- Weekly paid
- Full induction and training provided – with support to grow your career
- Staff benefits and discounts – employee education and welfare funding programmes, paid parental leave, Z and Mobil fuel discounts + much more
What we ask from you in return:
- Reliable transport with at least a restricted NZ driver’s licence
- A willingness to learn new skills and give any element of the role a go
- Decent level of fitness – physically fit, agile and healthy
- Be customer focused - work together with your teammates to service the customer needs
- Be reliable, punctual and enthusiastic
- Common sense and a healthy and positive attitude towards your work to ensure your teammates get home safely each day.
Winstone Aggregates…the pioneers in the quarrying industry – we like to say we are moving the earth to bring our customers the future. This has been our way for 150 years, delivering the highest quality products to help construct Aotearoa’s buildings, roadings, bridges and structure.
Our Whitehall Quarry is located just north of Lake Karapiro in Cambridge and supplies Greywacke rock aggregate throughout the Waikato and Bay of Plenty regions.
Join our team and click ‘APPLY’ today!
Research shows that females and minority groups don’t apply for roles unless they match 100% the job description.
We are proud of your diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger. We welcome your individuality and encourage you to bring your true self to work, so if this role is of interest but you feel you don’t fit it, we would still love you to apply.