Traffic Management Operative
- Job Type:Full time
- Category:Traffic Management
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCH/10054582
- Closing Date:28 Dec 2023
The Green Team in Wellington are growing! We have a busy forward workload with some transformative projects coming up with Riverlink and Get Wellington Moving and are looking for permanent Traffic Management Operatives to join our Traffic Management Crews. These are some fantastic projects to be involved in, there will be loads of variety as you will also be involved in a range of Branch wide projects across the Wellington Region.
• Grow and develop in a supportive team who treat each other like Whānau
• Hard work is recognised - build a career and not just do a job
• Progress to STMS level – paid by us!
• Competitive pay rate
• Awesome benefits for you and your Whānau to enjoy
These roles are Day and Night Shift.
Your role will be to coordinate and control traffic, keep traffic flowing safely by watching, setting up barriers, signs and cone to provide safe workspaces for your colleagues.
What you’ll bring to the role:
• A safety-first attitude – for yourself, your team and the public
• Current TC Qualification (Level 1 minimum)
• Full New Zealand Driver’s Licence Class 1
• Reliable, punctual, and motivated
• A good communicator
• High level of physical fitness
• A team player
• Problem solving ability
We don't just offer a job but a great Career Pathway through Traffic Management, so if you are keen to grow and develop yourself then APPLY ONLINE TODAY!
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, competitive hourly rate, subsidised medical insurance and subsidised education and training for you and your dependants.
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check – you’ll need to be fit for work!
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.