Class 5 Driver
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Location:Palmerston North
- Job Reference:FCH/33314
- Closing Date:16 Dec 2023
The Higgins Green Team in Palmerston North is looking for an experienced Class 5 Driver to join the Chipseal Division.
Come join the Green Team:
- Competitive hourly rate + guaranteed hours
- Join a supportive team that treat each other like Whānau
- Ongoing training and development to help you reach your career goals
- Career development – opportunities to grow your career at Higgins and the wider Fletcher Building group of businesses
- Access to Fletchers Building Benefits Programme, including:
- A brand-new market-leading parental leave policy to ensure employees are well supported throughout one of life’s most significant events.
- FB employee share scheme, educational and welfare funds
- A significant portfolio of retail benefits across major NZ businesses such as ANZ, Z energy, PlaceMakers, Mico and Samsung.
- Brand new PPE gear (that’s your own personal protective equipment)
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Class 5 ideally with WTR
- Experience driving truck and trailer
- Roadranger gearbox experience
- Dangerous Goods – we can put you through that if needed
- Experience transporting aggregate / construction materials advantageous
- A safety-first attitude – for yourself and the public
- Flexible, committed and reliable
- Passion for our industry and the willingness to work hard and learn
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, competitive hourly rate, subsidised medical insurance, and subsidised education and training for you and your dependants.
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check – you’ll need to be fit for work!
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga