Senior Geotechnical Design Engineer
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Brian Perry Civil
- Job Reference:
- Closing Date:13 Oct 2023
Are you a seasoned engineer with a passion for innovation and a knack for intricate design work? Brian Perry Civil is seeking a Senior Geotechnical Design Engineer to be a driving force in our dynamic team. As a Senior Design Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in our projects, overseeing the development of conceptual and detailed temporary works designs, construction methodologies, and closely collaborating with Project and New Business teams. This is your opportunity to make a lasting impact on NZ’s infrastructure landscape.
This position can be located anywhere in the North island, as we have various Brian Perry Civil branches that you can work from e.g. Auckland, Waikato, Bay of Plenty, Hawkes Bays & Wellington.
- Design Excellence: Take charge of developing designs, both temporary & permanent, in accordance with Project specifications, design standards, and industry best practices
- Project Ownership: Manage, Lead and own the entire design process for a given project, from inception to completion. This includes coordinating with various engineering disciplines e.g. structural, geotechnical, mechanical and proprietary supplier designs.
- Effective Communication: Maintain regular communication with on-site and tendering staff to keep them informed about design progress. Ensure that design changes are promptly communicated and implemented as needed.
- Safety & Quality: Periodically inspect works on site to ensure compliance with design specifications, safety standards, and usability requirements. Advocate for changes or improvements with necessary to enhance project outcomes
- Mentorship: Support & Mentor junior design engineers to foster their growth & development
- Documentation: Maintain accurate records & documentation of all design processes & outputs, ensuring all deliverables are provided as required.
- Possess a minimum of 7+ years in engineering design and construction process
- Legislative knowledge – related to design and implementation specific to NZ
- Expertise in NZ specific design processes and procedures
- Use of geotechnical and/or structural software
- Strong Communication skills – internal and external customers
Why Brian Perry Civil?
At Brian Perry Civil, we are committed to pushing the boundaries of innovation in civil engineering. We value our employees expertise & provide an environment where your skills can shine. As a Senior Geotechnical Design Engineer, you will have the opportunity to work on exciting projects that make a difference in our communities.
If you are ready to take your engineering career to the next level and want to be a part of a dynamic team, then apply now for a competitive salary package, a number of employee benefits and our lucrative Fletcher Building retail discounts which will give significant discounts throughout multiple retail stores.
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.