- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Winstone Wallboards
- Job Reference:WWB/33476
- Closing Date:08 Dec 2023
Role: Sustainability Manager - Penrose, Auckland
Like You, We’re Proudly Building New Zealand! It’s something we are proud to have been a trusted part of, for over 90 years and counting. Every day, passionate and dedicated people come together as an industry to help build healthy, sustainable homes, creating a better future for all New Zealanders. GIB® Plasterboard is the number one choice by customers in New Zealand. When you start with us, you will learn that we are all brought together by the passion we have for putting the customer at the heart of everything we do.
Are you passionate about driving sustainability initiatives and making a meaningful impact within a leading manufacturing company? Winstone Wallboards is seeking a dynamic and experienced Sustainability Manager to spearhead the development and implementation of our sustainability strategy. Reporting to the Technical and Development Manager, this is an exciting opportunity to play a pivotal role in shaping our sustainability journey and ensuring our commitment to environmental responsibility.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and execute a comprehensive sustainability strategy and framework aligned with organisational goals and in collaboration with the Senior Leadership Team and Fletcher Building Group.
- Oversee compliance with sustainability policies and regulations while monitoring and reporting key sustainability metrics.
- Coordinate and manage sustainability projects and cultivate strong relationships with key stakeholders, both internal and external, ensuring timely and effective delivery.
- Foster internal sustainability capabilities by providing guidance and support to cross-functional teams.
- Champion a culture of sustainability across the organisation and integrate sustainability into core business processes and decision-making.
- Monitor and report key sustainability metrics, ensuring compliance with environmental certifications and regulations.
We would like to hear from you if you possess these qualifications, experiences, and skills:
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as science, environmental science, or engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar sustainability-focused role
- Comprehensive knowledge of sustainability practices and principles across various domains.
- Strong communication, organisational, and interpersonal skills with a proven track record of effective teamwork.
- Proficiency in data analysis, reporting, and project management, and proven experience in developing and executing sustainability-related frameworks and strategies.
- Familiarity with environmental certifications and regulatory requirements.
This is a career opportunity that offers tonnes of room for scope and growth! The role is designed to attract candidates of superior calibre and it includes some awesome benefits and perks that come as part of a large construction and building materials company. If you would like to join a second-to-none culture in a Kiwi icon, multi-award-winning business, please apply by visiting https://fletcherbuilding.com/careers or get in touch with Carol Kelly at email@example.com for more information. Application deadline: 8 December 2023.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.