Maintenance Fitter - Laminex (Gympie, QLD)
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Laminex AU
- Job Reference:LAM/33534
- Closing Date:26 Oct 2023
Our Australian made story:
Today, you’ll see Laminex on surfaces everywhere you look - be it hospitals, shopping centres, restaurants, or your home. We manufacture and procure a broad range of products for commercial and residential use such as laminate, engineered stone and veneers so that all Australians can live in beautiful, practical spaces.
Where your story begins:
We are seeking an experienced and safety orientated Maintenance Fitter at our Monkland site in Gympie, QLD. At the Monkland site we primarily manufacture particle board.
The Maintenance Fitter will ensure the plant and machinery in designated areas is properly maintained and operating efficiently, whilst considering costs and the production schedule. The position requires an understanding of preventative and predictive maintenance.
Uniforms are provided on this site and are High-vis long sleeve, long pants, steel cap boots and a hard hat.
This is a day shift role, 38hr week Monday-Friday. The shift role will align with the current shift roster; however, the successful candidate must be flexible to do shift work as it is often required. This will be paid at applicable shift rates which includes OT.
Key focuses & responsibilities will include:
- Inspecting, testing, and maintaining machinery, equipment in process and packaging areas
- Condition monitoring to prevent breakdowns
- Milling and machining
- Able to fault find and repair pneumatic, hydraulic, and mechanical machinery + pumps and conveyors
- Performing general plant and building maintenance work
- Pro-actively demonstrate a personal commitment to Safety and our PROTECT safety culture
- Develop and maintain positive work relationships within the team
To be successful in the role you will ideally need to possess:
- Trade Certificate - Maintenance Fitter
- Previous experience in installation, operation, service, fault finding, repair and maintenance of plant equipment such as presses, saws, compressors, vacuum and dosing pumps, screens and conveyor systems, heat exchangers, gearboxes, thermal oil equipment and other systems pertaining to fibre milling, and their respective utilities.
- Confined space entry, Forklift, EWP, Working at Heights, and Dogging / Rigging tickets are highly desirable, but training will be given to the successful applicant.
- Welding Experience
- Strong milling and machining experience
- Able to work both supervised and unsupervised
- Condition monitoring experience would be advantageous
How to apply:
Apply now and then Lachlan from Laminex will be in contact with you!