Business Development Manager – Sheds & Outdoor
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Stramit
- Job Reference:
- Closing Date:26 Mar 2024
Who We Are
Welcome to Stramit! We are glad you are taking the time to understand more about this opportunity and why we think you should join the Stramit team. Part of the Fletcher Building Group, Stramit is one of Australia’s leading manufacturers and suppliers of roll formed steel building products. A business steeped in history, our success comes from an in-depth knowledge of industry, entrepreneurial spirit and growth mindset. The backbone of our business are our 850+ Sales, Operations, Customer Service and Support Service functional teams across our 16 sites, who position us as a market leader in our field.
About the Position
We are excited to share a brand new opportunity within Stramit, BDM- Sheds and Outdoor! This role is designed for a true BDM hunter who thrives on working on lead generation and getting out and sourcing potential customers. You will be responsible for supporting the growth and development of our Sheds and Outdoor segment selling software (and their features and benefits) designed specifically for creation of Stramit products.
Main Responsibilities and key points about this role:
- Identify and pursue new customer acquisition and new sales opportunities in the Sheds and Outdoor segments.
- Working with Stramit account Managers to run with lead generation and build relationships with customers
- Driving further sales activity, whilst aligning to Stramit and Fletcher Building Policies and Procedures. Collaborate with the broader Sales team including Fair Dinkum Builds, as well cross functionally.
- Maintain accurate customer records via Salesforce and ensure all activities and opportunities are recorded.
- Ensure effective deployment and activation of growth products and new product development.
- Extensive intrastate travel
To be considered for this role, we need from you:
- Background in Business development, with a hunter mentality and fantastic people influencer
- Strong experience in relationship building with fantastic customer-centric outcomes
- Experience in selling features and benefits of products
- Experience with Salesforce CRM- Can chase leads and track
- Work closely with Sales Manager and team strategy but independently execute on the ground
- Influence and drive working with account managers in Stramit teams in metro and regional locations.
Most important part… why work with us? What's in it for you?!
No matter who you are, if you have the drive and commitment to make a difference, you’ll have a bright future with us. Whether in the factory, on the road, or in the office, you’ll be working with the best in the industry. You’ll be part of a supportive team continually finding better ways to do things – all aimed at making it easier for our customers to get the job done.
We are proud to offer:
- Parental Leave policy. Primary carers receive full base pay for 26 weeks or receive 50% of full pay over 52 weeks. Secondary carers receive 4 weeks of full pay.
- 5 additional leave days ‘New Parent Leave’ for primary and secondary carers during their first year back at work
- Enjoy Stramit’s FLEX IT work program where we have 2 dedicated onsite workdays for people to collaborate onsite and build more in person connections. (role dependent)
- Strong Inclusion and diversity commitment to our team members including Gender affirmation leave (10 days), LGBTQ+ Rainbow Tick accreditation.
- We welcome first-time job seekers and youth through our targeted recruitment campaigns and partner with government and community groups to attract people.
- Stramit+ app, FULL of fantastic discounts at Coles, Woolworths and popular retailers as well as health and wellness access.
- Know someone who would be great at Stramit? Refer them to us and be rewarded with $750*! (T’s & C’s apply)
- Full training, the latest technology and tools of the trade to support your success at Stramit!