Business Development Manager – Sheds & Outdoor
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Stramit
- Job Reference:
- Closing Date:29 Sep 2023
Welcome to Stramit! We are so glad you are taking the time to understand more about this opportunity we currently have and why we think you should come and work with us! Simply put (Although we are far from simple!) Stramit is one of Australia’s leading manufacturers and suppliers of roll-formed steel building products. We have 16 sites across Australia, full of exceptional people, and are proud to provide customers with exceptional products and services.
We are excited to share a brand new opportunity within Stramit, BDM- Sheds and Outdoor! This role is designed to drive increased sales of Stramit products (and associated brands) to customers within your defined territory (some state-based travel will be required) and per the direction of the Sales Manager.
Main Responsibilities, Key points about this role:
- Identify and pursue new customer acquisition and new sales opportunities in the Sheds and Outdoor segments.
- Driving further sales activity, whilst aligning to Stramit and Fletcher Building Policies and Procedures. Collaborate with the broader Sales team including Fair Dinkum Builds, as well cross functionally.
- Maintain accurate customer records via Salesforce and ensure all activities and opportunities are recorded.
- Ensure effective deployment and activation of growth products and new product development.
- Extensive intrastate travel
To be considered for this role, we need from you:
- Experience in similar role and like minded industry is ideal (even though you will be fully trained around Stramit and Fletcher Building)
- Develop and execute sales strategies
- Strong experience in relationship building with fantastic customer-centric outcomes
- Experience with CRMs, strong admin skills (We use Salesforce)
- Collaborative and supportive team player within team and across other Stramit Business Units.
Most important part… why work with us? What's in it for you?!
No matter who you are, if you have the drive and commitment to make a difference, you’ll have a bright future with us. Whether in the factory, on the road, or in the office, you’ll be working with the best in the industry. You’ll be part of a supportive team continually finding better ways to do things – all aimed at making it easier for our customers to get the job done. We are proud to offer:
- Parental Leave policy. Primary carers receive full base pay for 26 weeks or receive 50% of full pay over 52 weeks. Secondary carers receive 4 weeks of full pay.
- 5 additional leave days ‘New Parent Leave’ for primary and secondary carers during their first year back at work
- Enjoy Stramit’s FLEX IT work program where we have 2 dedicated onsite workdays for people to collaborate onsite and build more in person connections. (role dependant)
- Strong Inclusion and diversity commitment to our team members including Gender affirmation leave (10 days), LGBTQ+ Rainbow Tick accreditation.
- We welcome first-time job seekers and youth through our targeted recruitment campaigns and partner with government and community groups to attract people.
- Stramit+ app, FULL of fantastic discounts at Coles, Woolworths and popular retailers as well as health and wellness access.
- Know someone who would be great at Stramit? Refer them to us and be rewarded with $750*! (T’s & C’s apply)
- Full training, the latest technology and tools of the trade to support your success at Stramit!
Sounds good? Thanks we think so too! Please apply via ‘apply now’ button. We look forward to seeing your application and discussing your next opportunity with Stramit!