Project Engineer - Mechanical
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Brian Perry Civil
- Job Reference:BPC10055261
- Closing Date:01 Oct 2023
Brian Perry Civil is a leading and award winning New Zealand specialist foundation and civil contractor. As part of the Fletcher Building Group, we undertake a wide range of challenging civil construction projects throughout New Zealand and the South Pacific with specialities including piling, retaining wall and ground improvement works.
Why Join Us?
We think we have a fantastic people culture here at Brian Perry Civil. At Brian Perry Civil you will enjoy the benefits and recognition of working for a well-respected business unit within the Fletcher Building Group. Along with a competitive remuneration package, this opportunity will also be an ideal platform for experienced project managers to further develop their engineering and construction careers.
Located in Auckland, we have opportunities available for experienced Mechanical Project Engineer to join the Brian Perry Civil Northern Civils team. You will provide engineering capability to a team to assist in the achievement of the goals set for the project. This is a permanent full time position. The role will be based at Snells Beach
What we are looking for:
- Tertiary qualification in mechanical engineering or a minimum of 5 years relevant experience in engineering construction. A significant part of that experience needs to be on a construction site, responsible for the construction planing and engineering control of project works.
- Excellent communication skills required, as well as detailed construction planning, quality assurance & control and an understanding of temporary & permanent works engineering design so you can assist in the development construction methodologies.
- You will also have site engineers reporting to you, so you'll need to have the ability to mentor and manage site engineers as well.
- Are motivated and able to motivate others to meet project objectives.
- Consistently demonstrate a strong commitment to health and safety in all aspects of their work
Why Join Us?
We are a specialist ground engineering and civil construction business, so as a site engineer you will be exposed to complex projects that will define and shape your career to help you develop. You will be exposed many different projects that will help you build capabilities in a range of areas – General Civil - Foundations – Pipelines & Drainage – Runways, Taxiways & Hardstands – Treatment Plants – Structures – Wharves – Mechanical & Electrical – Pump Stations – Retaining – Trenchless – Road & Rail Bridges – Floating Structures - Maintenance
Working for BPC you’ll be backed by a strong supportive team culture that encourages everyone to succeed and reach their full potential across a variety of projects nationwide. When you join BPC, you are joining one of the Fletcher Building group of companies, providing you with diverse career pathways plus many benefits.
Remuneration & Employee Benefits
Fletcher Building Employee Education Fund - Fletcher Building Employee Welfare Fund - Employee Assistance Programme - Share Scheme - Industry leading Parental Leave Policy - Long Service Awards - Free membership to NAWIC and WINT - Retail Discounts - Training & Development - Fletcher Building Equality Network - Fletcher Building Whakatapu Leadership Course - Graduate & Summer Internship Programme….to name a few
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your CV and complete the online application form.
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.