- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Building Products Divisional Support
- Job Reference:FWP/33602
- Closing Date:07 Oct 2023
Fletcher Wood Products (FWP) is a newly established business within the Building Products division of Fletcher Building. The business represents our re-entry into the wood sector which is supported by strong macro trends and contributes to NZ’s goal of a low-carbon circular economy.
FWP is constructing a new wood panel production plant in Taupo. The new plant will utilise innovative technology to produce cost competitive, high-quality products that have diverse applications in furniture, joinery and the broader construction sector.
We are currently seeking an experienced Project Administrator to join our team helping to deliver our new $275m manufacturing plant in Taupo NZ.
This is a 2 year fixed-term role. As a Project Administrator, you will play a crucial role in supporting our construction project from inception to completion. Key responsibilities will include:
• Maintain accurate and organised project documentation, including contract management.
• Act as a liaison between project teams, clients, subcontractors, and vendors to facilitate effective communication.
• Accounting support using Xero, including accounts payable, purchase orders, reconciliation, month-end accruals, site charges, and contractor hours, etc.
• Assist in managing resources, equipment, and materials to optimise project efficiency.
• Support quality control efforts by documenting inspections, tracking issues, and ensuring compliance with industry standards.
• Ensure that safety protocols are adhered to on construction sites and assist in incident reporting.
• Prepare regular progress reports and update stakeholders on critical milestones.
To be successful in this role you will possess:
• Proven experience in construction project administration or a related field is preferred.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and project management software ideal, along with Xero experience.
• Strong organizational and multitasking skills in a fast-paced, pressured environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy.
An excellent salary is on offer for the duration of the project and as part of the Fletcher Building Group, you will have access to a wide range of employee benefits. Sound like you? Apply now via the link below.