- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCH/33651
- Closing Date:02 Oct 2023
We are seeking applications for the role of Region Manager, Wellington
Reporting to the Area Manager, this role is responsible for providing leadership and management to the region ensuring the safe, sustainable, profitable growth and contribution to Higgins wider success. You will be leading a significant size regional contracting business, responsible for people, plant, finance and commercial - the full remit!
This is a chance to develop and implement regional specific business plans to strengthen delivery and grow across the Region while working with the wider Higgins business to standardise and share best practice, looking at efficiencies to enhance profitability and relationships with customers. You will also be part of the Senior Leadership Team for the Higgins Southern Area business.
You’ll demonstrate a leadership style that is firm and goal oriented whilst being in sync with requirements to coach, support and develop employees in line with our values, alongside solid experience in a senior leadership position within a Region in civil/roading running a successful commercial business.
You will also bring with you:
- 10 years + in roading or civil engineering
- Have a proven track record in developing and maintaining healthy Client relationships
- Track record winning work, ability to prepare competitive, profitable, and high-quality tender proposals
- Ability to anticipate and resolve tough, complex issues that could impact project /operations performance and client relationships
- Experience developing successful long-term relationships: with senior-level clients, partners, and suppliers
- Ability to act as a coach and mentor for your regional leadership team to enable line led safety
Are you ready to make your next move and grow your career with Higgins? Apply now!
Higgins, part of Fletcher Construction is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We recognise that treating our team members well is only partially about what happens during work hours. It’s also about the impact we have outside of work hours too. That’s why we have incredible learning and development opportunities for staff and their families, industry-leading parental leave, support systems and generous corporate discounts.
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check - you’ll need to be fit for work!
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.