Operational Performance Manager
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Delivery Services
- Job Reference:PMRK33670
- Closing Date:29 Sep 2023
Based at our Penrose National office and reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, you will lead the development of PlaceMakers’ supply chain performance through effective business framework that realises improvement to Planning, Fleet optimisation and operational efficiencies through the order Life cycle of our customers. We are looking for a natural leader; someone with a flair for investing in people and working with them to reach their potential, drive continuous improvement, while also focusing on our strategic goals and cross functional initiatives within the wider business unit.
You will be responsible for:
- Leading the operational performance program across Placemakers Supply Chain creating alignment with each function ensuring cost effective service and execution with our customers.
- Effectively lead training, coaching and development programs to improve capability, efficiency, and service outcomes across the supply chain team and Branch Network.
- Derive a robust and consistent reporting and KPI framework to improve operational performance across Planning, Fleet, Training, and execution.
- Ensure all processes and SOPs are relevant, adhered to and maintained.
- Identify and lead key strategic initiatives.
What we’re looking for:
We are looking for an individual who is highly self-motivated and team focused, you will have a proven track record of meeting & exceeding operational goals, KPI’s and proven strategic leadership skill. In addition to this, you will also need to the demonstrate the following –
- Previous exposure to the Logistics & distribution environment (5+ years)
- A strong ability to influence and encourage others
- Detail oriented with strong organisational and time management skills
- Your ability to build long-term, sustainable relationships as well as being an excellent communicator who can work with a diverse range of people.
- Strong organisational, decision-making, and problem-solving skills to ensure that you can implement systems and processes that result in significant operational improvements.
- Strong ability to achieve objectives by engaging other people and a collaborative approach to developing and leveraging networks and relationships
About PlaceMakers and our Benefits
PlaceMakers is New Zealand's leading and largest supplier of building materials to New Zealand’s commercial and residential construction markets. Part of New Zealand’s largest listed company, Fletcher Building, we employ more than 2,100 people in over 60 locations across the country and stock more than 100,000 product lines from concrete to paint and plasterboard.
We offer an Employee Education Fund (EEF), where funding can be obtained for employees and family members to study and/or extend their learning further.
Please note - A pre-employment medical, including a drug test will be required as well as being fully eligible to work in NZ indefinitely.
We are proud of the incredible diversity of people who make up our business! As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees across our national network of branches throughout New Zealand.