Procurement Category Manager
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Corporate Finance
- Job Reference:FBA/33805
- Closing Date:06 Oct 2023
About the job
The Australian Divisional Procurement Category Manager is a key player in our team, responsible for managing and providing strategic direction for the procurement of various Indirect categories. This role will initiate and drive change through innovative thinking and delivery of procurement solutions, influencing at senior levels in the business.
The Procurement Category Manager will be responsible for developing strategies and supplier relationship plans to ensure sustainable best value and minimal supply risk for The Fletcher Building Group in Australia.
About the role:
- Reporting to the Head of Procurement for the Australian Division of Fletcher Building, this role will;
- Provide category expertise and support to the wider procurement network or Business Units (BU’s) as required.
- Take ownership of our stakeholders to ensure their needs are fully understood and that they understand procurement policy and strategies.
- Build and manage key stakeholder relationships to ensure sustainable best value and minimise supply risk.
- Undertake robust, fair, and transparent sourcing exercises and contract negotiations to ensure full value is extracted from third-party suppliers.
- Actively manage supply and commercial risk as it relates to the supply of Indirect categories.
- Lead and execute implementation of initiatives within expected timeframes.
- Track savings of each initiative.
What will set you apart?
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, or a related field.
- Experience in procurement or supply chain management, with a focus on Indirect categories.
- Ocean freight or freight forwarding experience is key for the success of this role.
- Deep understanding of Modern Slavery compliance and the management of this is essential.
- Proven track record of strategic procurement, supplier management, and cost savings.
- Excellent negotiation, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Proficiency in procurement software and tools.
- MCIPS preferred but not essential.
Why Choose Us?
Join us in our head office located in Banyo, Brisbane. Experience a true hybrid work model that seamlessly blends office-based, remote, and site work. Embrace flexibility and a collaborative culture that nurtures growth, innovation, and excellence.
At Fletcher Building, we're not just a company – we're a community of friendly, passionate, and driven professionals. As a leading manufacturing and distribution company, we prioritise innovation and excellence in everything we do. Our business units include; Tradelink, Stramit, Oliveri, Laminex, Fletcher Insulation and Iplex where you will have the opportunity to help shape and drive our procurement best practices. In return, we look after our employees with 26 weeks of paid parental leave, our employee education fund, share schemes, and incredible discounts across our renowned brands and loads more cool perks.
Ready to take the next step? Reach out to Kate Snyman, Senior Talent Lead, at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about the role or schedule a confidential chat.
We're proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to fostering an inclusive environment. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply, and we're eager to discuss flexible work arrangements and exciting career pathways.