Residential Builder BDM - Gold Coast
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Laminex AU
- Job Reference:LAM/33863
- Closing Date:10 Oct 2023
Haven’t heard of us? Let me break it down for you.
We’ve been a part of the iconic Australian design landscape for over 85 years. Only a few short years after Australian’s became happy little Vegemite’s, families were spreading their toast in kitchens and on tables made by us.
Now you’ll see our products featured on The Design Files, in The Local Project videos and winning praise on ‘The Block’. We’ve come a long way over the past 85 years – and have an even brighter journey ahead of us.
Life at Laminex
Laminex is focused on the success and support of our people through numerous initiatives, we ensure that everyone can enjoy Life at Laminex. This includes Live Workplace TV, Podcasts, Wellbeing Frameworks, Top Talent programs and Flexible working. We believe in life outside of work. Your wellbeing is important, and this is what makes you perform at your best.
Here are a few more reasons we have just been named as one of Australia’s "Great Places to Work"
- Ongoing training and development with over 600 online learning modules available for you to up-skill at any time.
- A culture that truly promotes innovation.
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer; we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees.
Where your story begins
You will be a growth focused and commercially astute Business Development Manager ready to start your journey with Laminex. Servicing our Gold Coast region, you will be accountable for the sale & support of the Laminex offer to a designated group of Residential Builders, within the Gold Coast Region to ensure that specification sales and new account development objectives are achieved.
This business-critical role will focus on:
- Leading by example to promote the Environmental, Health and Safety culture within the organisation.
- Managing existing customer base while developing new sales opportunities across the New Residential Builder space for Laminex;
- Maximizing opportunities by effectively planning, scheduling and managing coverage for call ratios and effective time management. Ensure our long-standing relationships with our partners continue grow and prosper
- Working alongside internal stake holders to ensure the optimum level of service is provided to clients.
- Deliver on revenue, margin, and new customer acquisition & growth targets through the specification of our products across the residential sector.
- Provide Laminex product & brand expertise and education, and the ability to adapt our offering to the differing needs & drivers of individual stakeholder businesses.
- Effective communication & activity around New Product Development (NPD) launches and any relevant insights or trends.
The role you will play
With a reputation that is second to none nationally Laminex knows that it is all about our people, and with this we are seeking a people focused sales professional. Our selection will be made based on your sales capabilities, passion for the industry and hunger for career development.
You will have:
- Enthusiasm and exceptional communication skills to bring to this position coupled with the ability to prioritise customer needs and value manage projects throughout the end-to-end sales process.
- The ability to think strategically and can look for growth opportunities.
- The ability to build rapport and relationships quickly.
- A team player attitude.
- Sales or BDM experience
- Exposure to CRM
- Computer Skills- Using computer systems such as Microsoft Word, Excel, salesforce.com and PowerPoint to enter data, process, and present information
- Building and construction business is a bonus, but not essential.
Are you ready to start your next chapter?