Sales & Service Coordinator
- Job Type:Full time
- Category:Customer Service
- Business Group:Humes Pipeline Systems
- Location:Palmerston North
- Job Reference:
- Closing Date:19 Oct 2023
We’re on the lookout for a reliable Sales & Service Coordinator to join our Palmerston North team!
Here at Humes, we recognise the important role our Sales & Service Coordinators play in keeping the business running.
With that in mind we want to share what we can offer you when you work with us.
- Salary starting from $60k per annum.
- Range of staff discounts – Les Mills, PlaceMakers, Southern Cross, OPSM, Mobil + more
- Employee Education Fund – Available to all permanent employees & your immediate whanau
- Market leading Parental Leave Policy that will make it easier to our employees to become parents while working at Humes.
About the Role
Your duties will include processing customer orders, carrying out general administrative tasks and conducting sales while maintaining a professional image at all times. You will be providing assistance in store and may be required to step in and support across the yard when needed, so you must be fit and comfortable lifting weight up to 25kgs. To be successful in this role you’ll have excellent computer skills and be confident interacting and providing great service to our customers.
Standard hours of work are 40-hours per week, Monday to Friday 7:00 am to 4:00 pm. However, some flexibility in finish time may be considered.
Skills and Experience
Full Driver’s Licence required. F endorsement & Forklift licence is beneficial to the role, although we can support for the right candidate as you may be required to operate a forklift in the yard.
While a background in either yard work or sales will be advantageous to this role, it will also be important you are you are able to demonstrate:
- Self-motivation and reliability.
- A focus on strong customer service
- Strong communication written and verbal
- Computer literate
- Capacity for manual labour - You must be physically fit and comfortable lifting up to 25 kgs in weight.
- A willingness to be trained and learn new skills.
Research shows that females and minority groups don’t apply for roles unless they match 100% the job description. We are proud of your diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger. We welcome your individuality and encourage you to bring your true self to work, so if this role is of interest but you feel you don’t fit it, we would still love you to apply.