People & Performance Advisor
- Job Type:Part time
- Category:Human Resources
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:
- Closing Date:18 Oct 2023
We are looking for an experienced People and Performance Advisor to join our team in Napier on a fixed term basis for 12 months - upto 26 hours per week. This is a dynamic role where no two days are the same, you will be a people person who has a proven track record of working alongside a business to achieve its goals.
- Be part of a wider team where you can continue to learn and develop.
- Competitive salary.
- Hard work is recognised - build a career and not just do a job.
- Ongoing training and development provided.
- Access to Fletchers Benefits Programme, including discounted health insurance, family scholarship & share scheme along with multi-business discounts for you and your family to enjoy.
- Provide support to the branch with advice and direction on employment issues, application of HR policies and procedures and interpretation of legislation.
- Contribute to the development of, and audit compliance to HR policies, employment agreements and position descriptions consistent with business policy, culture and legislative requirements.
- Ensure the required training and development is taking place to equip employees with skills that meet business requirements.
- Work closely with managers to determine development pathways for our people, including onboarding, upskilling and succession planning.
- Engage and build relationships with local providers to pipeline local talent.
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Tertiary Qualification in an HR or HR related field.
- Minimum 3 years of HR generalist experience across a broad range of industries
- Demonstrated knowledge of a range of HR-related processes (e.g. recruitment, performance management etc) and their application for driving business performance.
- Sound knowledge of NZ employment legislation.
- Confident communicator, you will be experienced communicating at all levels.
- Strong computer literacy and administration capabilities
- Excellent organisation skills – this role is all about forward planning.
Ready for the challenge and want to grow with us? Apply now!
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check – you’ll need to be fit for work!
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.