Commercial Manager - Bay of Plenty
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:
- Closing Date:02 Jan 2024
This role will provide commercial leadership to ensure that commercial management best practice is maintained, strong commercial outcomes are achieved, commercial strategy is developed and implemented, and overall capability across the business is developed.
Come Join the Higgins Team:
• Leadership role where you can shape exceptional commercial management processes whilst coaching, mentoring & developing your team
• Join a supportive team within your region and the wider Higgins business.
• Career development – opportunities to grow your career at Higgins and the wider Fletcher Building group of businesses.
• Access to Fletchers Building Benefits Programme, including:
• A brand-new market-leading parental leave policy to ensure employees are well supported throughout one of life’s most significant events.
• FB employee share scheme, educational and welfare funds.
What you will bring to the role:
• A tertiary qualification in Engineering, Project Management or Quantity Surveying with relevant commercial management experience
• Experience in the civil and roading industry and a strong understanding of the technical, contractual and financial requirements involved in construction and maintenance contracts
• You will be a passionate people leader who enjoys mentoring and developing others.
• Extensive knowledge of the principles, practices and methodologies of the roading industry
• Strong commercial understanding and capability in a civil infrastructure programme context with experience developing and procuring contracts and commercial agreements.
• Ability to understand commercially, technically, and financially complicated issues and express them in straight forward terms that can be captured in contractual documents.
• A sound knowledge of Excel, Power BI and an understanding of JDE will be an advantage.
• People leadership experience with excellent communication skills and strong continuous improvement ethic
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day.
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.