Supervisor - Surfacing
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCH/33932
- Closing Date:18 Oct 2023
- Are you an experienced Supervisor looking for your next role?
- Or are you a Foreperson looking for your next career move?
- Would you like to work on a variety of projects?
It’s never been a better time to join Higgins, and with key projects to keep us busy we have an opportunity for a permanent Surfacing Supervisor to manage a skilled surfacing team based in Taupō.
As part of the leadership team, you will lead from the front, be a strong communicator and you’ll be someone who is proactive with excellent problem-solving abilities and a safety focused mindset. Reporting to the Depot Manager you will be responsible for the planning and supervising of the day to day activities of the Surfacing Operation.
Come join the Higgins team
- Ongoing training and development to develop your career
- Support to gain further licences if required (Class 2, 4, 5)
- Hard work is recognised - build a career and not just do a job
- Access to Fletchers Building Benefits Programme, including:
- A brand-new market-leading parental leave policy to ensure employees are well supported throughout one of life’s most significant events.
- FB employee share scheme, educational and welfare funds
- A significant portfolio of retail benefits across major NZ businesses such as ANZ, Z energy, PlaceMakers, Mico and Samsung.
It goes without saying you will have:
- A strong background in civil/roading construction
- A solid background in bitumen and emulsion chip sealing
- Asphalt machine paving and hand laying knowledge
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal
- A high standard of customer service with a "can do" attitude
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- A passion about Health & Safety
Higgins (part of the Fletcher Building Group) is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. Many people have built great careers with Higgins over the last 60 years. As a member of the Higgins Green Team that opportunity is open to you as we work, grow and have fun together building tomorrows New Zealand.
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check – you’ll need to be fit for work!
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.