- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Location:Palmerston North
- Job Reference:FCH/33977
- Closing Date:18 Dec 2023
The Higgins Construction division in Palmerston are currently looking for experienced Machine Operators to join the team. You will be operating excavators, graders, diggers and watercart.
Come join the Green Team:
- Competitive hourly rate + Guaranteed 40 hours per week
- Support to gain further licences, if required
- Ongoing training and development to develop your career
- Career development – opportunities to grow your career at Higgins and the wider Fletcher Building group of businesses
- Access to Fletchers Building Benefits Programme, including:
- A brand-new market-leading parental leave policy to ensure employees are well supported throughout one of life’s most significant events.
- FB employee share scheme, educational and welfare funds
- A significant portfolio of retail benefits across major NZ businesses such as ANZ, Z energy, PlaceMakers, Mico and Samsung.
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Proven experience operating a diggers, excavators, watercart or grader on civil construction projects
- Minimum Class 1 Licence with WTR endorsements
- Willing to be hands on and support your team with a variety of construction tasks, if required
- Strong focus on health and safety not only for yourself, your colleagues but also the public
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, competitive hourly rate, subsidised medical insurance and subsidised education and training for you and your dependants.
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check – you’ll need to be fit for work!
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.