Heavy Rigid (HR) Truck Driver - Fyshwick
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Laminex AU
- Job Reference:LAM/33989
- Closing Date:19 Oct 2023
About Laminex Australia:
We’ve been a part of the iconic Australian design landscape for over 85 years. Only a few short years after Australian’s fell in love with Vegemite, families were spreading their toast in kitchens and on tables made by us. We’ve come a long way.
Today, you’ll see Laminex on surfaces everywhere you look - be it hospitals, shopping centres, restaurants or your home. We manufacture and procure a broad range of products for commercial and residential use such as laminate, engineered stone and veneers so that all Australians can live in beautiful, practical spaces.
About the Role:
We currently have a vacancy for a Truck Driver/Storeperson to join the team based out of our Fyshwick site for day shift.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, you will assist with the day to day distribution and customer deliveries. This role will likely be 90% driving, 10% store work, with some flexibility required either side.
The standard hours for this role are Monday - Friday, 7.30am - 3.30pm (38-hour week).
Your responsibilities will include:
- Customer deliveries, driving a Heavy Rigid (HR) Truck
- Goods receiving, receipting, picking, packing, dispatch
- Loading and unloading goods using a forklift- if licensed
- Identifying and reporting any distribution issues or hazards
- Basic administration tasks using the warehouse management system
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills/ experience:
- Heavy Rigid Truck Licence - mandatory
- A minimum of 6 months' previous experience driving HR trucks (preferably curtain sided)
- Valid Forklift Licence (LF) - optional
- Strong customer focus
- Strong initiative, as well as the ability to work well with a team
- Display resilience in a fast-paced work environment
- Good computer literacy
Are you ready to "Find Your Future" with Laminex Australia?
Apply now and then Lachlan from Laminex will be in contact with you ASAP