- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Humes Pipeline Systems
- Job Reference:
- Closing Date:29 Feb 2024
Our Papakura team is looking for an upbeat, reliable person that can step into our Forklift Operator role.
We pride ourselves on working in a health and safety conscious environment, so you’ll be someone that values following best practice, making sure everyone gets home safe to their families each day.
Here’s what we are looking for:
Ideally, we're on the lookout for a forklift driver with experience in a manufacturing, construction or warehousing environment. Ideally suited to a candidate that is confident in the manual handling, distribution and monitoring of materials around large and technical plant & precast machinery. You will be performing a variety of routine tasks and duties to contribute to the manufacturing and quality of pipe and/or pre-cast production onsite and ensuring equipment is in sound working order.
To succeed in this role, you’ll have:
- Full Class 1 NZ Driver’s Licence with F endorsement / Forklift Licence
- A willingness to learn and a can-do attitude.
- Strong Health & Safety awareness with the ability to follow processes and systems.
- Good attention to detail and excellent communication skills
- Capacity for manual labour - You must be physically fit and comfortable lifting up to 25 kgs in weight.
Here is what we can offer:
- Starting entry level pay rate $27.50 + allowances as applicable.
- Monday to Friday - permanent, full-time role
- Opportunities for personal and profession development, and career progression
- Range of staff discounts – Les Mills, PlaceMakers, Southern Cross, OPSM, Mobil + more
- Employee Education Fund – Available to all permanent employees & your immediate whanau
- Market leading Parental Leave Policy that will make it easier to our employees to become parents while working at Humes.
Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand, and able to pass a pre-employment alcohol/drug and criminal check.
Research shows that females and minority groups don’t apply for roles unless they match 100% the job description.
We are proud of your diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger. We welcome your individuality and encourage you to bring your true self to work, so if this role is of interest but you feel you don’t fit it, we would still love you to apply.