- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Steel
- Job Reference:REO/34155
- Closing Date:20 Dec 2023
Fletcher Reinforcing is New Zealand’s leading fabricator and supplier of reinforcing steel and associated products to the building and construction industry. We are part of Fletcher Building, a diversified global company, and we’re truly lucky to have the capability to be able to lend a hand to virtually every major construction project in New Zealand, without losing sight of local communities.
We are seeking for an experienced Material Handler to join our team in Auckland. Reporting into our Material and Logistics Team Leader, you will be responsible for the overall loading and unloading of Reinforcing Steel from our Mount Wellington site. You will be aware of potential hazards that come with working in a warehousing environment and champion our health and safety procedures.
Day to day you will be responsible for;
- Identifying items and loading on to trucks with either fork hoist/combi lift (up to 12t hoists) or gantry crane on time and in full
- Unloading of steel trucks
- Stock counting
- Moving materials between departments using fork hoist.
- Working towards targets
- Maintain a clean and well-organized working area
- Some administration tasks
To be considered for this role you will;
- have previous experience working on Gantry Cranes and Fork Hoists (preferable to have licenses, but can be trained)
- Experience with loading and unloading
- Be looking to work 5am-1.30pm in Mount Wellington (Flexible)
- Be computer literate and looking to develop further skills in this area
- Strong understanding of health and safety and the importance of Personal Protective Equipment.
- be hardworking, trustworthy and reliable with a good team attitude!
In return you will receive;
- Ongoing training and full support from a positive and highly engaged team
- Career development opportunities
- An excellent compensation package available
- The opportunity to work within the Fletcher Building banner
If this sounds like you then please apply today! Applications will be reviewed as they are received and successful applicants will be required to pass a drug and alcohol test prior to commencement of employment. All applicants should have permanent working rights for New Zealand.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.