Contract Manager EBOP NOC
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCH/34162
- Closing Date:28 Dec 2023
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Contract Manager to join the Regions Senior Leadership Team and lead the Bay of Plenty East Network Outcomes Contract (BOPE NOC). Based in the Bay of Plenty and reporting directly through to the Bay of Plenty Regional Manager, this contract manages the State Highway roading network through the Rotorua, Whakatane, Kawerau and Opotiki Districts.
In this role you will work closely with your team to lead the successful delivery of all maintenance projects and activities within the network, including all aspects of commercial and financial performance, variation pricing, client liaison and work programming. With the recently agreed contract extension, you will be the key contact to ensure the existing collaborative long-term working relationships are maintained with the client, suppliers and other stakeholders including the community.
Come join the Higgins Team:
- Leadership opportunity
- Competitive salary + company vehicle
- Relocation packages available
- Join a supportive team that treat each other like Whānau
- Ongoing training and development to help you reach your goals
- Career development – opportunities to grow your career at Higgins and the wider Fletcher Building group of businesses
- Access to Fletchers Building Benefits Programme, including:
- A brand-new market-leading parental leave policy to ensure employees are well supported throughout one of life’s most significant events.
- FB employee share scheme, educational and welfare funds
- A significant portfolio of retail benefits across major NZ businesses such as ANZ, Z energy, PlaceMakers, Mico and Samsung.
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Tertiary qualifications BEng, NZCE (Civil) or Diploma in Engineering or equivalent
- Extensive proven experience in New Zealand road maintenance contracts
- Understanding of the technical, contractual and financial requirement involved in a roading maintenance contract
- Proven leadership capability with the ability to make strategic decisions, using strong commercial acumen to deliver consistent business performance
- Demonstrate a strong client focus, building strong, long-term relationships
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Project and knowledge of CRM systems
- Working understanding and ability to use RAMM, RAMM Contractor, Pocket RAMM
- Being adaptable, flexible and having the capacity to cope with multiple issues
- Commitment to the highest standards of health and safety
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, competitive hourly rate, subsidised medical insurance and subsidised education and training for you and your dependants.
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check – you’ll need to be fit for work!
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga.
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.