Delivery Services Driver - Wellington
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Delivery Services
- Job Reference:34167
- Closing Date:29 Dec 2023
PlaceMakers is New Zealand's leading and largest supplier of building materials to New Zealand’s residential and commercial construction markets. Part of New Zealand’s largest listed company, Fletcher Building, we employ more than 2,100 people in over 60 locations across the country and can source more than 100,000 product lines from concrete to paint and plasterboard.
We are looking for a reliable Class 4 truck driver to operate through the Wellington area supporting our Branch. You will need to have HIAB crane operating experience. If you love driving and don’t want to be tied to a desk…and are looking for a fun, physical, outdoors role with lots of variety…then this is for you!
About the role:
Reporting to the Regional Transport Manager, the position is permanent full-time role offering a minimum of 40 hours per week and working Monday to Friday.
We use a range of hassle-free, modern-day apps and hand-held technology, limiting the need for drivers to complete lengthy paperwork, saving you time, and making your life easier.
A fast-paced and physical role, you will be part of our solid team of professional drivers, safely delivering orders to our customers whilst ensuring that we always provide exceptional service.
Daily responsibilities include:
• Supporting our local branch with deliveries throughout the Wellington area
• Full-Time driving responsibilities, with a manual handling aspect inclusive of crane access
• Safely delivering orders to our customers whilst ensuring that we always provide exceptional service
• Supporting the team to ensure our customers are receiving an exceptional service
Skills and Experience:
• Hold a full, clean Class 4 NZ Drivers Licence
• HIAB Crane operation experience is preferred but not essential, happy to give full training to the right candidate.
• Have an excellent manner with people, especially customers
• Be physically fit as manual handling and heavy lifting are a requirement
• Be reliable and have a good attitude towards health & safety
Here at PlaceMakers you will have the ability to create lasting relationships and contribute to the success of our business. We offer amazing training and development programmes, a competitive hourly rate and lots of staff benefits so you're in good hands!
This is an exciting time to join our journey as we grow our people and business, you will be joining a well-respected company that will invest in your career.
Please note - A pre-employment medical, including a drug test and a criminal background check will be required as well as being fully eligible to work in NZ indefinitely.
We are proud of the incredible diversity of people who make up our business! As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees across our national network of branches throughout New Zealand.