Class 2 Tipper Driver
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Delivery Services
- Job Reference:34329
- Closing Date:11 Dec 2023
We are looking for a reliable Class 2 Delivery Driver within the Auckland area. If you love driving and don’t want to be tied to a desk…and are looking for a fun, physical, outdoors role with lots of variety…then this is for you!
About the role:
Reporting to the Regional Transport Manager, the position is permanent full-time, paid a minimum of 40 hours per week and working Monday to Friday with occasional rostered Saturday’s, delivering orders to our customers in a timely, professional, and safe manner. You will be joining our dedicated team with getting out on to the road ensuring that deliveries have been correctly packaged and are being quickly and efficiently dropped off where they need to be.
On a day-to-day basis you will be responsible for the following –
- Loading & delivering goods in a safe & efficient manner
- Ensuring the correct goods are loaded and secured.
- Checking all relevant paperwork
- Adhering to all traffic laws, safety & road transport regulations
- Collecting a consignment from our branches or plants and completing deliveries to our customers across the Auckland region
- Supporting the team to ensure our customers are receiving an exceptional service.
You’re an experienced driver that keeps safety at the forefront. With a positive ‘can do” attitude, you are customer focused and enjoy a busy hands-on environment where the team works together to get the job done.
Ideally you will also possess the following -
- Hold a full, clean Class 2 NZ Drivers Licence
- Ability to pass a medical and a drug & alcohol test
- Have an excellent manner with people, especially customers
- Be physically fit as manual handling and heavy lifting are a requirement
- Be reliable and have a good attitude towards health & safety
- Previous experience within the building industry
What we offer:
We are a fun, diverse team who work well together and support each other. We offer very competitive rates and a performance incentive scheme. You will have the opportunity for on-going training and development as well as a solid career path with career progression. In return, you will be joining a well-respected company offering a range of benefits that come with being part of the wider Fletcher Building Group, so you're in good hands with us!
As part of our recruitment process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment medical, drug and alcohol testing.
If you have a great attitude to work, are reliable, have good time keeping skills and an excellent manner with people, then we’d love to hear from you – please click apply!
We are proud of the incredible diversity of people who make up our business! As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees across our national network of branches throughout New Zealand.