- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Winstone Aggregates
- Job Reference:WIN/34353
- Closing Date:15 Dec 2023
Ready to take the next step? Winstone Aggregates' largest quarry is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join our team as quarry operators at Hunua Quarry. Exciting new roles await in both our mobile and fixed plants.
Mobile Plant Opportunities: Embark on your journey operating a dump truck with room to advance to roles such as loader, watercart, or bulldozer operator. Become a valuable part of our tight-knit team of eight, dedicated to excellence and the upkeep of pristine equipment. If you value teamwork, this role is tailored for you.
Work Hours: Monday to Friday, 6:30 am – 6 pm, and Saturday, 6:30 am – 12:30 pm
Fixed Plant Roles:
Step into the world of our fixed plant. This position requires mechanical aptitude for maintenance responsibilities. As a fixed crusher operator, your sharp eye will be crucial for maintaining top-notch aggregate quality within tight deadlines.
Late Shift: Work hours from 2 pm – 2 am, occasional Saturdays required
Day Shift: Work hours from 5 am – 5 pm, occasional Saturdays required
- Experience in operating Heavy Machinery
- Reliability and a positive attitude is a must
- Hold a current NZ Full Driver’s License - talk to us if you're on a restricted licence
- WTR certification advantageous, but we can help you get this
- Health and safety awareness
- Be eligible to work in New Zealand: It’s important that you meet the legal requirements for employment in New Zealand.
This role involves frequent use of communication tools, necessitating excellent communication skills. Loader operations require impeccable attention to detail and the ability to thrive under pressure. Reliability and strong interpersonal skills are essential.
In Return, We Offer:
- Supportive and market-leading Parental Leave and Phased return to work benefits
- Guaranteed 50-hour work week plus more hours available
- Budget friendly weekly pay, providing financial stability
- Additional night shift allowance if you work night shift
- State-of-the-art equipment
- Exciting career advancement opportunities
- Fletcher Building Discounts and Benefits which extends to both staff and dependants, ensuring your wellbeing and that of your loved ones.
If you're someone who is reliable and embraces hard work, has a passion for machinery, and is eager to learn, we want to hear from you.
The Concrete Division is home to Fletcher Building’s aggregate, cement, and concrete businesses, with a workforce of over 1300 individuals across four thriving business units. With a legacy spanning 150 years, Winstone Aggregates proudly stands as New Zealand's premier supplier of sand and aggregate, offering a secure and stable work environment.
Apply online today!
Research shows that females and minority groups don’t apply for roles unless they match 100% the job description.
We are proud of your diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger. We welcome your individuality and encourage you to bring your true self to work, so if this role is of interest but you feel you don’t fit it, we would still love you to apply.