- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Winstone Aggregates
- Job Reference:WIN/34445
- Closing Date:22 Dec 2023
At Wheatsheaf Quarry, we are dedicated to ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of our quarry and prioritise the well-being of our team, communities, clients, and stakeholders. Established just over 10 years ago, this quarry is a land-based River/Pit Run Greywacke quarry that covers the Southern Christchurch and Banks Peninsula Districts.
We are seeking a dynamic leader to join our team and help shape the future of its workplace.
As the Quarry Manager you will lead a small team and oversee both short-term and long-term priorities at Wheatsheaf Quarry. You will work closely with experts in environmental (including the local iwi), engineering, safety, and people management to make a positive impact on our operations.
In addition to your current site management responsibilities, you'll have a unique opportunity to contribute to the design of an exciting new quarry nearby, which once developed will become yours to manage.
Qualifications and Skills:
We are looking for a leader with excellent communication skills and relevant work experience. Key qualifications and attributes include:
- Strong teamwork and leadership abilities
- Expertise in quarrying operations with a focus on continuous improvement
- Familiarity with quality control techniques in line with our Quality Assurance plans
- Effective decision-making skills to maintain high work standards through your team
- An A or B Grade Quarry Manager Certificate or a relevant international qualification – or if you are still working your way to achieve this, get in touch.
In return, we can offer:
- Rewarding salary package including company car
- Supportive and market-leading Parental Leave Support and phased return to work benefits
- Ongoing training and development to help you reach your professional goals
- Access to Fletcher Building’s benefits programme, including discounted health insurance, family scholarship and share scheme along with multi-business discounts for you and your family to enjoy.
The role of Quarry Manager is a unique opportunity to contribute to our growing organisation. If you are eager to advance your career and be a part of shaping our future, we encourage you to apply.
Be Bold and Lead the Way: Take the next step in your career by joining us and helping to lead our business into the future.
Winstone Aggregates is at the forefront of aggregate products and services in New Zealand. With 11 extractive quarries and three joint-venture quarries, along with cleanfill, labs, and transport functions, we are dedicated to building strong communities across the nation. Our vision is to lead the way in aggregate solutions, backed by 150+ years of success and growth. Join us in shaping New Zealand's future.
Research shows that females and minority groups don’t apply for roles unless they match 100% the job description.
We are proud of your diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger. We welcome your individuality and encourage you to bring your true self to work, so if this role is of interest but you feel you don’t fit it, we would still love you to apply.