- Job Type:Full time
- Category:Environmental Health and Safety
- Business Group:Building Products Divisional Support
- Job Reference:FWP/34452
- Closing Date:30 Dec 2023
Fletcher Wood Products (FWP) is a newly established business within the Building Products division of Fletcher Building. The business represents our re-entry into the wood sector which is supported by strong macro trends and contributes to NZ’s goal of a low-carbon circular economy.
FWP encompasses sawmilling assets in Waipapa which produces a range of sawn timber products, including industrial and structural grades, a renewable fuels business and is constructing a new wood panel production plant in Taupo. The new plant will utilise innovative technology to produce cost competitive, high-quality products that have diverse applications in furniture, joinery and the broader construction sector.
We are currently seeking an experienced EHS Advisor to join our project team helping to deliver our new $270m manufacturing plant in Taupo NZ. This is a fixed-term role for the duration of the construction phase and commissioning, anticipated to reach completion by June 2025. In this role you will be responsible for;
- Providing advice and support to managers, employees, and safety reps to develop and implement systems and policies
- Providing technical knowledge and guidance for the Permit to Work process for the project for all construction & commissioning phases
- Facilitating safety training sessions and workshops for employees and management.
- Investigating accidents, incidents, and near-misses, providing detailed reports and recommendations for improvement.
- Monitoring safety performance metrics and providing regular updates to management.
- Staying up-to-date with relevant regulations and industry best practices, and ensuring compliance at all levels.
- Fostering a safety culture by promoting and encouraging safe work practices among employees.
To be successful in this role, you should possess the following qualifications and attributes:
- Tertiary qualification in Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental Sciences, or related field.
- Proven experience as an HSE Advisor or similar role in an industrial/ construction setting.
- Solid knowledge of local safety regulations and industry standards.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage with employees at all levels.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with various stakeholders.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities, with a keen attention to detail.
This project will provide you with extensive experience in a large project environment and the opportunity to develop your career within an experienced project team. For people located outside of the Taupo area we can discuss potential relocation assistance. An excellent salary and incentive package is on offer for the duration of the project and as part of the Fletcher Building Group, you will have access to a wide range of employee benefits.
Sound like you? Apply now!