- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCH/BOP_Operators
- Closing Date:28 Dec 2023
Higgins in the Bay of Plenty are currently looking for permanent full-time Operators to join the team working across our different divisions.
Come join the Green Team:
- Competitive hourly rate + Guaranteed 40 hours per week
- Ongoing training and development to develop your career
- Hard work is recognised - build a career and not just do a job
- Brand new PPE gear (that’s your own personal protective equipment)
- Access to Fletchers Building Benefits Programme, including:
- A brand-new market-leading parental leave policy to ensure employees are well supported throughout one of life’s most significant events.
- FB employee share scheme, educational and welfare funds
- A significant portfolio of retail benefits across major NZ businesses such as ANZ, Z energy, PlaceMakers, Mico and Samsung.
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Experience operating heavy machinery e.g Diggers, Pavers, Rollers, Graders, Loaders, Tractor Brooms etc
- Full Class 1 license with WTR endorsement
- Prior experience working on civil/roading construction projects, including sealing, asphalt paving or maintenance
- A safety-first attitude – for yourself and the public
- Team player who is physically fit and flexible as this role includes general labouring duties on site
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, competitive hourly rate, subsidised medical insurance and subsidised education and training for you and your dependents.
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check – you’ll need to be fit for work!
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.