Yard and Drive Thru Team Leader- Invercargill
- Job Type:Full time
- Category:Customer Service
- Business Group:PlaceMakers
- Job Reference:34510
- Closing Date:14 Dec 2023
To lead the Drive Thru and Yard team, ensure the team’s performance exceeds set goals, and to deliver excellent service to our building and trade customers when they come through our yard and drive thru area. This is a permanent full-time role working Monday to Friday with one rostered Saturday per month.
A typical day will include:
- Seeks out value-add solutions for internal and external customers
- Plan staffing requirements and manage employee performance reviews
- Provide the team with clear direction and instructions
- Assist customers to find any products they require, and help them with any additional queries
- Carry out cycle counts as required, and move product in order to maintain appropriate stock levels for customers
- Proactively review the yard/drive thru layout, and make improvement recommendations to the Operations Manager
- Ensure all team members keep the area clean and safe
- Actively demonstrate safe work processes, and behaviours and ensure these are followed by all employees and contractors in their place of work
- Support the implementation of HS&E procedures in the business that meet local standards and Fletcher requirements and support and implement company- wide safety initiatives as appropriate
We are looking for someone with a previous managerial and building products experience, who is highly motivated to make decisions and take action to continuously improve performance and safety measures.
In addition to this, you also possess the following:
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to motivate/influence the team
- Proficient computer skills
- Physically fit and enjoy working both inside and outside
- Proactive and able to think on your feet under pressure
- Ability to build great relationships with customers, external contractors and team members
- Ability to problem solve and find solutions for customers
A clean/ current Full NZ Drivers Licence is essential. As well as a valid F-endorsement and Forklift driving experience.
What's we offer:
Here at PlaceMakers you will have the ability to create lasting relationships and contribute to the success of our business. We offer amazing training, development, and progression opportunities plus a competitive salary and lots of staff benefits so you're in good hands with us!
This is an exciting time to join our journey as we grow our people and business, you will be joining a well- respected company that will invest in your career.
Please note – A pre-employment medical, including drug test is required as well as the legal right to work in NZ indefinitely.