Class 5 Delivery Driver- Dunedin
- Job Type:Full time
- Category:Customer Service
- Business Group:Delivery Services
- Job Reference:34567
- Closing Date:05 Dec 2023
Help us build New Zealand! PlaceMakers is New Zealand's leading and largest supplier of building materials to New Zealand’s commercial and residential construction markets.
We are looking for a reliable Class 5 truck driver to operate through the Otago area supporting our Plants and Branches. HIAB crane operating experience is essential. If you love driving and don’t want to be tied to a desk…and are looking for a fun, physical, outdoors role with lots of variety…then this is for you!
About the role:
Reporting to the Regional Transport Manager, the position is permanent full-time, paid a minimum of 45 hours per week and working Monday to Friday, delivering orders to our customers in a timely, professional, and safe manner. We use a range of hassle-free, modern-day apps and hand-held technology, limiting the need for drivers to complete lengthy paperwork, saving you time, and making your life easier.
A fast-paced and physical role, you will be part of our solid team of professional drivers, safely delivering orders to our customers whilst ensuring that we always provide exceptional service.
Daily responsibilities include:
- Collecting Frame & Truss consignments from our Mosgiel plant and completing deliveries to our customers across the region
- Full-Time driving responsibilities, with a manual handling aspect inclusive of crane access
- Safely delivering orders to our customers whilst ensuring that we always provide exceptional service
- Supporting the team to ensure our customers are receiving an exceptional service
Skills and Experience:
- Hold a full, clean Class 5 NZ Drivers Licence
- HIAB Crane operation experience is essential.
- Have an excellent manner with people, especially customers
- Be physically fit as manual handling and heavy lifting are a requirement
- Be reliable and have a good attitude towards health & safety
About PlaceMakers and our Benefits
PlaceMakers is New Zealand's leading and largest supplier of building materials to New Zealand’s residential and commercial construction markets. Part of New Zealand’s largest listed company, Fletcher Building, we employ more than 2,100 people in over 60 locations across the country and can source more than 100,000 product lines from concrete to paint and plasterboard.
We offer an Employee Education Fund (EEF), where funding can be obtained for employees and family members to study and/or extend their learning further.
How to Apply
Opportunities like this do not come along very often and these are limited. To express your genuine interest please submit your CV for review, if selected as part of our longlist you will be invited to have a phone chat outlining why the position is of interest to you and what you can bring to the table.
Please note - A pre-employment medical, including a drug test will be required as well as being fully eligible to work in NZ indefinitely.
We are proud of the incredible diversity of people who make up our business! As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees across our national network of branches throughout New Zealand.