Area Commercial Manager - Northern
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCH34643
- Closing Date:11 Dec 2023
We are currently seeking applications for the new role of Area Commercial Manager, Northern. You will be supporting an Area made up of the Upper North Island of NZ.
You will need strong technical aptitude with the ability to quickly understand complex concepts, excellent interpersonal and communications skills, be analytical and detailed – you will be thorough with the ability to develop solutions to problems as they arise, and uphold excellent interpersonal skills along with a proven background of leading teams.
Reporting to the Area Manager, Northern for Higgins and a functional reporting line to the GM Commercial, you will be supporting an Area made up of the Upper North Island with 5 direct reports.
In this role you will:
• Recover time and cost entitlements and protect Higgins where contract risk might adversely impact financial performance
• Ensure project costs are controlled and managed in accordance with agreed budgets to achieve requisite margin and profit levels whilst managing commercial risk across Projects and Operations
• Prepare and maintain accurate project financial reports which communicate forecast margin and cash flow
• Administer head contract and subcontract provisions to ensure Higgins fully comply with all relevant obligations
• Collaborate with the wider Higgins team and lead the Commercial team within the Area
You will have strong technical aptitude with the ability to quickly understand complex technical concepts, excellent interpersonal and communications skills, be analytical and detailed – you will be thorough with the ability to develop solutions to problems as they arise.
You will also bring with you the below:
• Relevant tertiary qualification and subsequent post graduate qualification(s)
• Extensive experience leading high performing commercial teams on complex projects
• Demonstrated ability to develop compelling business cases and commercial correspondence/narratives – including preparing or responding to claims.
• Extensive experience reviewing pricing, estimates, forecasts, programmes, and contingency build ups.
• Project risk management, including proactive management of risk mitigation plans
There is flexibility within the region around location for your home base, with the expectation that there would be some travelling in your role.
This is an exciting new role - are you ready to make your next move? Apply now!
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.