Road Marking Assistant
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Location:Palmerston North
- Job Reference:FCH/34658
- Closing Date:13 Dec 2023
We are looking for a road marking assistant to join our team in Palmerston North. This role will be supporting the road marking crew to prepare the sites in preparation for painting. You will be undertaking general road marking labouring duties, helping with traffic set up and learning to operate the painting equipment.
This role requires flexibility, you will be required to work evenings and weekends and there may be some overnight travel occasionally. This is an excellent opportunity to learn a new skill and progress your career.
Come join the Green Team:
- Competitive hourly rate + Guaranteed 40 hours per week
- Ongoing training and development to develop your career
- Hard work is recognised - build a career and not just do a job
- Brand new PPE gear (that’s your own personal protective equipment)
- Access to Fletchers Building Benefits Programme, including:
- A brand-new market-leading parental leave policy to ensure employees are well supported throughout one of life’s most significant events.
- FB employee share scheme, educational and welfare funds
- A significant portfolio of retail benefits across major NZ businesses such as ANZ, Z energy, PlaceMakers, Mico and Samsung.
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Full New Zealand Driver’s License – Class 2 (beneficial)
- Ideally you will have good computer literacy
- A background in construction or traffic management is beneficial
- A high level of physical fitness due to the physical nature of the role
- Strong focus on health and safety not only for yourself, your colleagues but also the public
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude and the ability to think for yourself
- Be reliable, honest and a flexible team player
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, competitive hourly rate, subsidised medical insurance and subsidised education and training for you and your dependents.
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check – you’ll need to be fit for work!
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.