Environmental Co-ordinator - Fixed Term
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Firth Industries
- Job Reference:
- Closing Date:20 Dec 2023
We have an entry-level opportunity available for a Fixed-Term Environmental Advisor til July 2024, Auckland or Hamilton location? We encourage candidates with the appropriate qualifications to apply and be part of our team.
Ko tā mātou mahi | Our Role
You will be required to navigate environmental horizons, ensuring compliance, and fostering a green legacy through strategic partnerships, innovative practices, and site-wide sustainability triumphs.
- Coordinate, assist with, and conduct thorough monitoring activities on-site to guarantee compliance with resource consents.
- Maintain a precise consent database and provide support to sites in upholding their compliance.
- Be the company's interface with regulatory bodies to foster and sustain productive and trusting relationships.
- Update Environmental Management Plans and facilitate adherence to them.
- Complete internal training on environmental systems with operational leads.
Ngā Pūmanawatanga Ōu | What You Will Bring
The optimal candidate for this position possesses a contemporary understanding of the Resource Management Act, regional, and district plans, with a specific focus on the unitary plan, along with a comprehensive knowledge of associated processes. Moreover, the candidate will demonstrate well-honed expertise in establishing and maintaining databases, showcasing proficiency in systems management. Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, coupled with a collaborative and team-oriented approach, empower them to cultivate robust working relationships with internal colleagues and external stakeholders. Their adept ability to strategically plan and prioritize workloads ensures efficient task management.
Furthermore, this candidate not only brings practical hands-on skills but also excels in strategic planning, emphasizing a holistic approach to environmental management that aligns seamlessly with the organization's objectives and regulatory requirements. A full driver's license is also a requirement for this role.
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you?
- Staff discounts – PlaceMakers/Mico/Southern Cross and many more
- Employee Education Fund – Staff & Dependents
- Parental Leave Policy that will make it easier to our employees to become parents while working at Firth
Supported by your Manager, you will use your experience and knowledge to help grow and support, not only the site but the wider company as well.
Firth has been supplying concrete and masonry products to the construction industry for over 95 years. Our strong customer relationships and passion for innovation make Firth New Zealand’s leading concrete supplier.
Comprising of three businesses, Certified Concrete, Masonry and Dricon, our products are sold either directly or via our channel partners who operate in the infrastructural, commercial, and residential construction markets. Firth Concrete is the business our customers can trust to deliver great service and products, with the commitment to doing this in the most sustainable.
Join us. Click "Apply NOW"
Research shows that females and minority groups don’t apply for roles unless they match 100% the job description.
We are proud of your diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger. We welcome your individuality and encourage you to bring your true self to work, so if this role is of interest but you feel you don’t fit it, we would still love you to apply.